Newbie Guppy Owner

SingingFish

Hi,
I am a fish lover, a mom to two fish loving boys, and music teacher. We started our first planted tank in April. It is live planted and was cycled before we added guppies in mid-May. Unfortunately, I've had a repeated problem with an unidentifiable illness with the fish (even the vet can't figure it out) and the medicines tried so far haven't seemed to stop by. I just posted in the freshwater fish disease and health forum with all of the details. I am heart sickened that despite all my research, water changes and checks (numbers are good!), medicine, etc. I am inadvertently losing our fish. My two year will tell anyone who listens, "my fishy died." I really hope to be able to change our tank into a source of love and joy for the whole family. Thank you! Be well.

kattiq

Welcome!
Sorry to hear about your guppies
Look at this video & blog post on "LiveBearer Disease" from Cory

SingingFish

Thank you! That video was very helpful. I think my tank needs added minerals. I’ve added more aquarium salt and ordered Wonder Shells. The female who was shimmying yesterday already looks better.

kattiq

Thank you! That video was very helpful. I think my tank needs added minerals. I’ve added more aquarium salt and ordered Wonder Shells. The female who was shimmying yesterday already looks better.
Great I’m glad! Hopefully they will continue to improve

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mdukeusmc
  • Zonotrichia
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
Gone
Replies
Views