Newbie from Indiana

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by lanlesnee, Mar 29, 2010.

1. l

lanlesnee Well Known Member Member

Newbie from Indiana. (now with tank pix)

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and wanted to say hi from Indiana.

I'm getting back into fish tanks and have questions after questions and question. So I though I better find a good forum to join.

I've been keeping a tank now for about almost a year. Before that I had a 10g and a 20g when I was 10 until I was 15.

Right now have 125g, 55g x 3 and a 40 in fresh water. I also have 5 betta tanks (1.5 x 3, 5 and a divided 10). Also have a 150 g saltwater coral/fish tank.

My fresh water fish right now are goldfish, bettas, severums, blood parrots, plecos, corys, green puffers, black tetras, giant danios, clown loach,

My saltwater fish are damels, tangs, blennies, foxface, clownfish-including a mating pair.

So far I've been very luck with my tanks. I lost very few fish and right now everything I have is very health!

Interested to hear from you guys/gals esspecially my hoosier neighbors.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  2. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Welcome!
    Would love to see some pics when you get the chance. Hope you enjoy looking round here, and I'm sure I'll see you around...

3. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

welcome to fishlore!!:)

4. Robin4

Robin4 Valued Member Member

Welcome to fishlore! Can't wait for some pictures..... :)

Robin

5. Disc61

Disc61 Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore, you have found the place for your questions to be answered. and can you tell, We like Pictures.

6. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

Welcome to fishlore :;hi2

7. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

8. a

anunez91 Valued Member Member

Welcome to............*stops to breathe* FISHLORE! haha when i think of Indiana, i think of the song by Meg and Dia, sorry, again, welcome, i envy your saltwater tank i havent even seen yet. PICTURES!

9. f

flyin-lowe Well Known Member Member

Hello fellow Hoosier. What part of the state are you from? I live close to Muncie. I currently have a 75g community tank that I set up last fall for my grandparents, and I have 120G tank at my house I just got set up and started stocking.

10. Treefork

Treefork Well Known Member Member

Howdy Hoosier. I'm in Indiana too. Fort Wayne. Welcome to Fishlore!

11. l

lorabell Well Known Member Member

Hey there and Welcome!!!!!! ...Dont forget the pics!!!!!!

12. f

flyin-lowe Well Known Member Member

Treefork, I lived in Bluffton for about 2 years when I first started work out of college. (1999)

13. konstargirl

konstargirl Well Known Member Member

Hi and welcome to the forum!! I want to see pics too.

14. m

marina3 Valued Member Member

Welcome to F L!!!

15. B

Borisbbadd Guest

Hi and welcome !!!

16. OP
    OP
    l

lanlesnee Well Known Member Member

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I think this forum is going to be a big help to me and my fish.

I'm in Brownstown Ind, for those who ask.

Here are some pictures. Sorry for the poor quality.

My sw tank. It's really bigger than it looks in the pictures. So far I have yet to loose one fish or coral. I'm very new to sw, but so far I'm loving it.

805.jpg

807.jpg

809.jpg

Here's my 125g. It's a mess. I plan to have all live plants someday. Right now only the right half is all live plants. When I get done with this tank, it's going to have large drift wood pieces, caves, multilevels, or at least I hope it will.

812.jpg

My other tanks.

811.jpg

The one on top is going to be sw soon.
    The one on bottom is one of my goldfish tank. I forgot to get a picture of the other one. But it's just a 55g with a couple flower pots and a few comets in it. All my tanks are works in progress right now. lol

814.jpg

My Bettas tanks. I have a soft spot for bettas and gold fish alike. The first pictures show a 5g tank with bad algae, but it wont clean off and I don't want to take a razor to it because it's plexi.
    I have a soft spot for bettas and gold fish alike.

816.jpg

815.jpg

Right now my sw is taking almost all of my time, so you may some stuff laying around the tanks. I'm in the process of trying to get my sw where it needs to be and converting one of the tanks into sw.
    I just wanted to get some quick pictures you for everyone, so sorry for the bad pictures.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  17. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Beautiful tanks!

18. s

shellbell4ever Well Known Member Member

Welcome to fishlore :) You have some awesome tanks :) Thanks for sharing your pic's with us :)

19. Robin4

Robin4 Valued Member Member

You have really beautiful tanks!!! :)

Robin

20. m

marina3 Valued Member Member

All what I can say is...WOW!!!! Oh! and Welcome to FishLore!!!
    I said "Wow" even before you posted yor pictures!!! Where are your tanks located? All over the house or you have a "fish room"??? :;smack
    Great tanks!!! Awesome, and welcome again!!!:;hi1

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice