Newbie Cycler :D

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Alrighty, so I checked my tank today and the ammonia seems to be at 0.25 right now.
We were gonna try the fishless way but bf wanted to try it with fish so we went out and got 4 yellow danios.

So should I do a water change today? Or should I wait til tomorrow to do one? And about how much should I take out? 10%? Our tank is a 28gallon. And erm.. yeah... *nodnod*

Also, would it be alright to use this 3in1 7.0ph water conditioner in the replacement water? It also dechlorinates (why I'm reluctant to just throw it out nm the money we spent on it heh)
I've read many comments that say you shouldn't really use chemicals to mess with your pH, but the pH from our tap is already at about 6.5-7.0 ... so would it be ok if we still used it?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your ph is fine Tomorrow will be ok for a water change, 10% is about right.
At this point the fewer chemicals you use the better, you need to get just a plain dechlorinator.
Carol

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Alrighty.. I figured we should just go out and get a plain ole dechlorinator
I'll tell the bf but not sure he's gonna like it heh He's a stubborn one. ;D

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Alrighty.. it seems our tank is finally cycling. I've been doing water changes every day since I started picking up ammonia readings.
I only did 10% each day but yesterday did a 50% water change.

The ammonia is reading at 3.0 and is staying there. Is this normal even with the daily water changes? I just tested our tap and it has a little bit of ammonia in it. Should we get something to neutralize it?
How long will the ammonia stay high like that?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom