(newbie) Brought Home White Cichlid . Now Turning Orange

Discussion in 'African Cichlids' started by MotoXer450, Mar 18, 2019.

1. MotoXer450 New Member Member

I bought an albino peacock cichlid the other day . Once I got home and out him in the tank it turned an orange color, then back to white now orange again. I'm looking for answeres as to why this happens ? Sick ? Water quality ? Mating ?

2. Demeter Fishlore VIP Member

Pictures and stocking would be helpful. African cichlids, like many fish, change shades depending on mood/health/environment.

3. MotoXer450 New Member Member

I have 6 peacock cichlids in the tank (just starting out ) stocking every 3 or 4 every 1 to two weeks. Hard to get pictures of them at the moment but this fish was white in the store

Attached Files:

4. aae0130 Well Known Member Member

This happens all the time. I have a female Kenyi that is striped. Then she isn’t striped. Then she is striped again.......it all depends on the mood.

5. MotoXer450 New Member Member

Do you think this is a female? The dorsal does look a bit rounded ? I don't mean to ask stupid questions lol like I said just starting out! I enjoy learning about thease fish

6. Demeter Fishlore VIP Member

I can’t see the fins too well, a more clear pic would be needed. If you can get one with the fins erect that would be great.

7. MotoXer450 New Member Member

Today's pic of the same fish.

Attached Files:

8. Demeter Fishlore VIP Member

Fins looks too pointed for a female to me.

9. MotoXer450 New Member Member

See the difference in the color from last night to today? And thanks for the help!