New

Cindy

Reaction score
hello to all...am new to the tropical fish world and am finding it to be lots of fun!

FishPirateL337

Reaction score
Lots of great info here to help you learn what it takes. You will not need many more sites than this one in your bookmarks for fishy facts.

Welcome

Shrimpy

Reaction score
Cindy said:
hello to all...am new to the tropical fish world and am finding it to be lots of fun!
that's great because a month ago I started and I still won't stop talking about fish

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I have the same problem. My colleagues have me on a strict timing regime. Thou shall talk about fish for maximum 10 mins this lunch time. With my boyfriend, it's pretty much illimited. He's very good at humouring me.

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
armadillo said:
I have the same problem. My colleagues have me on a strict timing regime. Thou shall talk about fish for maximum 10 mins this lunch time. With my boyfriend, it's pretty much illimited. He's very good at humouring me.
I have to restrict myself! I get that "i'm bored now" look off people when I talk fish. only my sister shares my enthusiasm! my hubby just humours me really! I do catch him watching the tank on occasion though, and he does help with water changes if he's here when I do them (he;s usually at work though :'(). that's exactly why we love fishlore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unlimited fish talk!!!!!!!!!1 ;D

sick-lid boy

Reaction score
Welcome Cindy. We all like to sit back and watch new fish owners get inflicted with a terrible disease for which is there is no known cure for: MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome). Symptoms include spending your kids college fund on purchasing new tanks, getting rid of family heirlooms in order to make room for new tanks, bi-weekly trips to the local fish store- even if it means walking, and fishy dreams and nightmares. God help you if you become afflicted with this horrible ailment.

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
oooo, mts!!! it happens to us all i'm afraid. you can't prevent it, so don't try and fight it.....just get that overdraft ready and the overtime to repay it!! you'll also find yourself unable to go past a fish shop without just "popping in" to "browse"...you don't ever come out empty handed of course! I even just "pop in" if i'm anywhere nr the town with the lfs, not necessarily going "past"! a few mile diversion is always required!!

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
he he he. I know the feeling. It's slowly starting to drive the ol' boyfriend crazy! It's like: "Oh, darling, if you don't mind, I'll just pop in there for... 8 hours!"

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom