New YoYo (I hope!)

Loachland

So, I went to my LFS today to check out their newest shipment. As it would turn out, there was no new YoYo shipment - but there was a singular YoYo that had been traded in! They were about 4 inches long, the same as my full-grown one, which I figure will help the two get along. I wanted to get at least three or four, but it's honestly been so long since I saw one at my LFS, and I prefer getting older fish anyway because it's easier to tell whether they're healthy, so I decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth and just buy the fish. (To be clear, I still hope to end up with a shoal of four or five, this is just a stepping stone to my eventual goal).

Anyways, it was super stressed in the tank, which didn't really have any hiding places, so I picked up some more hardscape for my QT. However, in the process of doing so, I remembered I set up my QT in the summer and therefore don't have a heater for it, so I decided to ask the LFS to hold the fish till tomorrow to allow me time to clean the QT and buy a heater. I really hope this goes well, I would love my single YoYo to have some friends!

kallililly1973

I think as long as the tank is big enough to house 5-6 the size shouldn't matter much but then again I don't own any loaches. Maybe MissNoodle would be more help with this question.

Loachland

No worries, I figure size won't be an issue, if anything I'm glad it's large so that it and my other large one won't have a clear size hierarchy. It just makes it more expensive, lol

MissNoodle

Yeah theyre shoaling, so a bigger group is best, though lucky yoyos don't get huge like clowns. They stay a decent size for most keepers to keep reasonably.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom