20 Gallon Tank New water change schedule?

Akari_32

Ok guys, I need to know what you think! I recently rehomed 7 of my Guppies, and am left with:

1 Opaline Gourami
2 Male Guppies

in my 20 long. Aqadvisor says my stocking level is 46% and I should do a 14% weekly water change.

Well, 14% is kinda weird, and random, so I was wondering if I could just do 25% - 50% water changes every other week. Or something else. Just wondering =)

Borisbbadd

I usually do 20% every week.

I imagine you could do a 50% change every 2 weeks if you wanted, if that would be easier for you.

I've looked at Aquadvisor a couple of times, but I kind of think on some things they are " up in the night ".

Akari_32

Borisbbadd said:
I usually do 20% every week.

I imagine you could do a 50% change every 2 weeks if you wanted, if that would be easier for you.

I've looked at Aquadvisor a couple of times, but I kind of think on some things they are " up in the night ".
Yeah. They are a bit off on some things, but its a good place to get ideas from. One of the things that bothers me is they have really high bioloads for Guppies

Borisbbadd

Akari_32 said:
Yeah. They are a bit off on some things, but its a good place to get ideas from. One of the things that bothers me is they have really high bioloads for Guppies
You sure would'nt think Guppies would have much of a bio-load....

Akari_32

Borisbbadd said:
You sure would'nt think Guppies would have much of a bio-load....
You really wouldnt, but according to AqAdvisor, the two I have have the same as the Opaline... ??? lol

Landozer18

I tried your aqua advisor and it seems to be pretty good. I did book mark the site for future reference on my new 55 gallon tank.
It did tell me that my rts might jump. never had an issue with that.
Also it told me my ghost shrimp might become food for my RTS and in a year no issue.

Borisbbadd

I just bought 7 of them the other day, I don't remember what kind they are, but they are a bright orange. I bought 3 males and 4 females.

I had never thought much about guppies before, but they are pretty cool !

Akari_32

AqAdvisor is pretty useful. You just have to know what not to listen to, or get other oppions to go along with it lol But, some fish are like "I don't wunna be like the others! I'm gunna be different!" XD A good example, my Opaline. She's great with my Guppies, even though they are one of the worst Gouramis to put in a community tank with small fish. Who knew lol

My LFS just got in some awesome Half Black AOC (Any Other Color) Guppies. Those are NICE. If I wasn't going off to college soon, I would breed those! Guppies are so fun!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom