New Toyota Commercials

Insurance Fraud?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
MudHog
I'm talking about the "Toyotathon Phenomenon" commercials.

Is it just me or are they promoting insurance fraud by damaging your vehicle on purpose?

susitna-flower
Commercials should reflect good judgement and lawful conduct. My pet peeve is a commercial run up here in Alaska for two seasons, for Tesoro gas, where it shows someone on a snowmachine, outrunning an avalanche. The point being that the gas is good and reliable, and will let you outrun something coming at you at 200 mph!!!!! We have too many people killed just this way up here, and it is irresponsible to run a commercial that glorifies such behavior....

Drea
Worthless commercials

Besides those Toyota commercials, I can't stand the ones that show friends, family, partners, co-workers dissing each other! Or the ones with fractioned families at the dinner table. Like it's okay behavior...NOT.

capekate
I often wonder about the mental makeup of these folks that sit around the table creating commercials. How they can possibly come up with such ridiculous ads is beyond me. I cannot stand all the fighting and violence that is in commercials today. And yes, that toyota commercial is certainly advocating insurance fraud as far as I am concerned. Its really dumb.

~ kate

Trpimp147
I don't think it is promoting insurance fraud. more the less a person going to great lenths to get a great car. also I see it as more of a joke then any thing, people just take it wrong. just like the t-rex one with the tacoma and it broke its jaw and fell down to the ground untouched. (meaning unbeatable truck) I donno I see it from a toyota owners view.

0morrokh
I often wonder about the mental makeup of these folks that sit around the table creating commercials. How they can possibly come up with such ridiculous ads is beyond me. I cannot stand all the fighting and violence that is in commercials today. And yes, that toyota commercial is certainly advocating insurance fraud as far as I am concerned. Its really dumb.

~ kate

Actually I think the people who come up with these commercials are geniuses. They know exactly what the majority of people in our society value, and manipulate it to create a need for their product.

COBettaCouple
I hate these toyota insurance fraud commercials, but not as much as those stupid "indestructable" toyota commercials. 99.9% of US tv commercials are extremely stupid and if anything make me feel anti-product. Even Super Bowl ads, which used to be funny or cool mostly, are now so pathetic that they match the boredom factor often associated with the "big game". Thank God for remotes! lol

Trpimp147
word. I like my toyota stuff

COBettaCouple
I used to like Toyota.. then they got on this long string of stupid commercials that make me feel negatively towards Toyota.. that and the scion ugly-mobiles.

Trpimp147
:'( I own a scion tc I don't think its ugly and a 89 supra.

Drea
When you think about it, most vehicles are bi-mechanical. So many makes have co-partner manufacturing, everyone uses other mfgs. stuff. Is a Toyota only that, not really it's part GM. It's a global missmash.

Trpimp147
toyota is just toyota and lexus and scion all the same brand use all the same parts just each are marketed for different people. scion is there for bare bottem price no mark up. toyota is mid range price and lexus is high end quality vehicle. most american cars use toyotas technology, such as the pontiac vibe has a corolla (matrix also) engine in it and frame this technology was leased to pontiac by toyota same with they hybrid system to GM.

COBettaCouple
the tC is the only Scion that isn't ugly.. I especially hate the xB - didn't Toyota already do boxes on wheels in their minivans of the 80s?

:'( I own a scion tc I don't think its ugly and a 89 supra.

Trpimp147
they had the old FJ 40s now they have the new FJ it grows on ya trust me.

MudHog
I like the new FJs. Only bad thing, they have ALOT of blind spots.

I'm sure a lot of people do extreme things to get a new vehicle. We all know that anyone person that would damage a vehicle as these commercials show, would go and claim it on their insurance and get the money to put towards the new vehicle. That by itself is insurance fraud, no ifs, ands, or buts. So in a sense they are "promoting" insurance fraud.

mlinden84
word. I like my toyota stuff

I agree. I LOVE my 93 toyota 4x4 truck. I've had it since I turned 16, and even though I don't get to drive it as much as I would like, I refuse to get rid of it. It's an awesome little truck.

Trpimp147
get on you tube and look up "kill toyota top gear" they beat up a hilux its purdy much a
4x4 truck diesel.... truth be told I work for a toyota dealer..... I'm at work now.

COBettaCouple
lol.. i'd like that job.. trying to destroy a car/truck.

get on you tube and look up "kill toyota top gear" they beat up a hilux its purdy much a
4x4 truck diesel.... truth be told I work for a toyota dealer..... I'm at work now.

Trpimp147
yes that show is crazy they get to do a lot of crazy car things.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CanadianFishFan
Replies
Views
saalice729
Replies
Views
PennSilverTaco
Replies
Views