new to this gr8 site

arfon

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi peeps new to this site but i've been checking it out and what a gr8 site, full of real good information. and people reply to messages not like other sites ive been on ;D i've a 1.000 ltre aquarium 6ft -2ft with around 40 different fish in at the moment. ranging from plecs, angels, shrimp,red tailed shark. clown loaches. tiger barbs.danios.lots of smaller fish not quite sure of names . my favourite has to be pleco, hes massive and leaves all the other fish alone and love it wen he glides around the tank. recently bought a fluval fx5 external filter and wow what a piece of kit. crystal clear water now. love the hobby gives great pleasure seeing them all swimming around and so relaxing. girlfriend thinks im mad :-[

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to fishlore. My girlfriend yelled at me when I setted up my Saltwater tank. I dont have the money for it LOL.

arfon

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi thanx for welcome. yea can get expensive but worth it in the end i reckon ;D buy her box of roses it worked for me when mine got bored coz i i was more interested in tank mates than her for few hours ;D

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I got her a ring with diamonds around it and a big blue gem on top. Hope she likes it ;D

arfon

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi mate, she will love you for that hehe. is there an inbox/outbox type messaging service on this site or do people use their own msn for instance?

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think you work your way up to start PMing people. I use MSN messenger.

arfon

Valued Member
Reaction score
ok kool, thanx.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No prob. BTW If you use MSN messenger you can talk about fish head to head with people instead of waiting for a post.

arfon

Valued Member
Reaction score
yea gonna add my email addy to my profile

susitna-flower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome arfon, to fishlore. Sounds like you have been at this hobby for quite awhile. Before you got your new Fx5 filter what did you have? I'm looking for a filter now, but really don't need to go up as big as a Fx5.....

If you ever have any questions, there are lots of helpful, knowledgable folks here to help. Best of luck !

Fish in the Frozen North 8)

arfon

Valued Member
Reaction score
i had 2 small internal filters that would get clogged up at least once a week so in the end i decided to go for the fx5 definitely worth every penny so far. not sure what the make of the two filters was but i dont think it was designed for my sort of tank. although saying that they did the job for 8 months or so.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to the forum!

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi afron,