New to the hobby but already addicted to it!

Tallfishguy

Hi
I am new to the fish keeping hobby as of a year ago. I got my daughter 4 goldfish for her birthday. I was very ignorant about everything. My first mistake was putting four comet goldfish in a 5 gallon tank! I learned to do research before going to the fish store. The two surviving goldfish are thriving one year later.
I have recently gotten involved with cichlids. I have a 55 gallon tank with 4 Electric Blue Acaras and a Convict. My 29 gallon has 3 Bolivian Rams, 10 black neon tetras and 2 minnows. I look forward to the forums and it is nice to be here!
E9F13565-E4C9-48D1-ACA8-8CEAA448E3E7.jpeg
61C28B4F-F1D9-4032-8CCA-6D61788256F6.jpeg

BigManAquatics

Welcome! That sad goldfish story is all too common, so don't worry, you aren't the first, or last.

betta06

welcome to fishlore! your tanks look good already I especially like the first one!

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore! :)

JLAquatics

Welcome to the family! Nice tanks!

Jennmariexoxo

Welcome :)

MyFishAddiction

Welcome!

Strider1520

Welcome!!! Tanks look great!

TheAnglerAquarist

Welcome!

richiep

Croeso welcome to fishlore
Only wish I had a spare tank for Rams

Motherlovebetta

Welcome! You’ll love it here

mikki080

Wow, your story sounds like mine. My husband gave my daughter a 10 gallon tank with some rosy red minnows this past January. Of course the care fell to me, and I became overly addicted. Bought a 20 gallon, then a 55 gallon…

…now im cycling a 125 gallon to take its place. Fish keeping is beyond addicting!

Welcome to the addiction, my friend!

Tallfishguy

Wow, I would love a 125 gallon! My wife on the other hand not so much. What kinds of fish will you be stocking in it?

richiep

Give the wife a bunch of flowers, get the tank, then think about the fish, hugs and kisses go a long way

Royan

Welcome!

Tallfishguy

Give the wife a bunch of flowers, get the tank, then think about the fish, hugs and kisses go a long way
Sounds reasonable

jlind9669

Goldfish don't do well in the tank cycling process.

TheAnglerAquarist

Awesome. Getting a 35 gallon tall this weekend :)

CreativeName1

Btw, does your heater in the second aquarium picture stay steady on one temp reading? I have that same tank kit and swapped the heater it came with because the temp would drop about 5 degrees before quickly going back up and dropping again.

Tallfishguy

Btw, does your heater in the second aquarium picture stay steady on one temp reading? I have that same tank kit and swapped the heater it came with because the temp would drop about 5 degrees before quickly going back up and dropping again.
I actually replaced the heater for that same reason…and then the tank leaked. I set the tank back up with a new tank, heater, and changed the substrate to sand for the Bolivian rams. The heater in the picture is hanging in my garage in case of an emergency.

CreativeName1

I actually replaced the heater for that same reason…and then the tank leaked. I set the tank back up with a new tank, heater, and changed the substrate to sand for the Bolivian rams. The heater in the picture is hanging in my garage in case of an emergency.
Interesting to know that it wasn’t just mine. Those top fin heaters don’t seem like the best…

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Manytanks
Replies
Views
Candace
Replies
Views
Ohio Mark
Replies
Views