New to shrimp, gender question

1. AndyVE

AndyVE Valued Member Member

So am i correct if the upper (right one) is a female and the lower is a male?
    also could it be that she is carrying?
    [​IMG]

Maybe a better angle...
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Dolfan

Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

Can't see the photo in the first post. In the 2nd post it looks like the one on the left is a female, and the one on the right is male. It's hard to tell if the female has eggs (commonly called being "berried", as they look like little green/yellow berries). Just look for the little green/yellow eggs on it's belly, you should be able to tell pretty easily if you can get a view of it's underside.

3. OP
    OP
    AndyVE

Do not seem to see any eggs. But good to know i was correct with the gender.

Thanks for the advice!
    Andy

4. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I'd agree with Dolfan on the sexing, when the female has eggs you can't miss them mine are always bright yellow.
    I have to mention the corys, nice chunky trilineatus with lovely long barbels :)

5. OP
    OP
    AndyVE

So for sure not carrying. ;)
    Thanks...they seem to get along with the shrimp. Do not chase them and even eat together. Just the occasional bump into each other...
    Was a bit worried about that.

6. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I have shrimp in all my cory tanks & they take no notice of them & even share their pellets with them

7. OP
    OP
    AndyVE

Your adviceis why i added them Coradee! Thanks!