Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

New To Plecos

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by 09B90, May 21, 2019.

1. 09B90 New Member Member

Hey I'm new to plecos and this forum. I only have tetras in my tank at the moment and after a build up of alge i went to my local aquatic store which is usually amazing by the way. I spoke to them about only having small fish and the build of of alge and they sort of bagged this fish up and that was it, i don't know what it is or how to care for it. I have been giving it alge wafers at night and it's gone in the morning. But as far as cleaning i'm not seeing anything other than a scatty fish.

Can someone enlighten me on this fish or the breed.

2. bryangar Well Known Member Member

Im thinking panda garra

3. JLeeM Well Known Member Member

Doesn't really look like a pleco.

4. BettaBeck Valued Member Member

I just got some Panda Garras yesterday and they’re a little bit darker but otherwise look just like that. Apparently they like some current in the water, river rocks, and branches. They are in QT but I did put a higher flow filter , an algae covered rock from another tank, and a piece of spider wood from another tank. They’re still recovering from their flight but seem to be pretty happy. One was playing in the outflow from the filter almost immediately. They’re supposed to be amazing algae eaters. Good luck with yours :)