New to plants, anything I should know?

Mudminnow

Other than this forum, a good place to start is a website called "The 2 Hr Aquarist": The 2Hr Aquarist. They have a ton of good planted tank info there.

bored411

Keep note of which of those plants are those with rhizomes (anubias and java ferns), which you're better off attaching to something (rocks, driftwood, etc). Putting it in the substrate will kill it unless you don't bury the rhizome which I've done before in gravel substrate. What I do (if you don't have anything to tie it to) is get some sewing thread and tie it to a biomax media ring, then bury the ring in the substrate. Good lighting is always a plus and CO2 as well and patience is key! Don't be surprised if your plants don't grow right away (anubias is a slow grower for example) and if they were grown outside of water, then you will probably get melting. As long as the roots are green and there's new growth, the plant is still alive and well.

PAcanis

Other than this forum, a good place to start is a website called "The 2 Hr Aquarist": The 2Hr Aquarist. They have a ton of good planted tank info there.

I'll be checking out that link.
It seems plant questions are not a strongsuit here. Can't be a guru at everything I suppose.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mary765
Replies
Views
INeedHelpLol
Replies
Views
TagTeam
Replies
Views