New to plants, advice needed

• Thread starter Terri631
  • Start date

Terri631

Slowly trying to make the switch to live plants & want to replace the red silk one with something colorful that grows to about same height, but easy to maintain. Any suggestions? Thanks.20200923_114811.jpg

Fishproblem

Well Known
alternathera reneckii is a relatively undemanding red plant. it won't be super bright red in lower light, but will definitely contrast the greens.

also, welcome to fishlore! your tank is already beautiful.

JettsPapa

Fishlore VIP

Fishproblem

Well Known
Also just happened to stumble across ludwigia ovalis on Buce Plant's site. I don't have personal experience, but it's listed as a good low tech red.

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
It's nearly impossible to get a plant that red without CO2 and stronger light, but in addition to the above, Ludwigia sp. red and Red tiger lotus may be good options
Red plants are more burgundy-brown in low tech, but still stand out! :)

Terri631

-Mak- said:
It's nearly impossible to get a plant that red without CO2 and stronger light, but in addition to the above, Ludwigia sp. red and Red tiger lotus may be good options
Red plants are more burgundy-brown in low tech, but still stand out! :)
Thanks, I definitely don't want anything as bright as that, I actually hate that plant but my family loves it. I just want something with a little color to break up the green, I prefer a more natural look.

Top Bottom