29 Gallon Tank New to lighting

sarxlives

I'm planning on gradually adding some more plants to my planted aquarium. I wish to add some Dwarf Hairgrass, Rotala Rotundifolia, Hygrophilia Polysperm, and Rotala Indica. I'm aware that these plants require moderate to high light and CO2, however I don't quite understand how the lighting works? I know there are fluorescent vs led lights but I don't know what will be the best for the plants. Also I don't quite understand how the light will be hung from the aquarium. The dimensions of the aquarium is 30" W x 12" L x 18" H. Do I have to build my own fixture (and if so how could I go upon doing that?) Is there already a pre-made fixture or something? Will I have to wire up the lights myself? I basically have a Topfin 29 Essential Tank Kit with the original hood.

I appreciate any help given!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 10

86 ssinit

Ok you’ll need a 30” long fixture. I recommend off eBay. First the 957 hygger led fixture. No remote. All functions are done on a screen on the top of fixture. All in Chinese so follow the utube video. This is a programmable light. Cheap and great for growing plants.
Next the vivagrow 24/7 light. This is also programmable but with a remote. I run mine on the standard 24/7 setting. Been using 5yrs. Cheap and all still working.
Last for a little more money are the finnex series of lights. Programmable with remote and grow plants great. All of these lights work for me!! :).

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Cody
  • Question
Replies
Views
outlaw
Replies
Views
Frank the Fish guy
Replies