New to Hobby - Stocking Fluval Flex 15

TheMajorH

Just starting the hobby and looking for suggestions of stocking a freshwater Fluval Flex 15. Water conditions are Tap municipales water, KH/GH around 150ppm (7-8 drops API kit) and pH between 7.6-8.0.
Not very particular on species, just want hardy active fish my family can enjoy watching. Would prefer a community tank if that is possible at this size, if not a small school. Thanks in advance!

Cheesecake

Just starting the hobby and looking for suggestions of stocking a freshwater Fluval Flex 15. Water conditions are Tap municipales water, KH/GH around 150ppm (7-8 drops API kit) and pH between 7.6-8.0.
Not very particular on species, just want hardy active fish my family can enjoy watching. Would prefer a community tank if that is possible at this size, if not a small school. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum!
There are a couple of different options. You could do neon tetras with some cories, or maybe tetras with two honey gouramis.
Or you could do only a school of tetras, which would be about 12 fish or so.

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

For a coldwater option you could do a killi species and then like 6 wcmm.

Upvote 0

jkkgron2

I highly recommend guppies! I just got a fluval flex too and I transferred over some guppies and I really like how it looks. Here’s a picture of it.
3E210827-455B-4BBE-9692-A6B1861BB56D.jpeg
27654E1C-E981-453D-B2E8-D60D3F15FC5C.jpeg

Edit: the photo of the aquarium was from when I first set it up. It looks better now.

Upvote 0

TheMajorH

I highly recommend guppies! I just got a fluval flex too and I transferred over some guppies and I really like how it looks. Here’s a picture of it.
3E210827-455B-4BBE-9692-A6B1861BB56D.jpeg
27654E1C-E981-453D-B2E8-D60D3F15FC5C.jpeg

Edit: the photo of the aquarium was from when I first set it up. It looks better now.
How many guppies do you have in the flex 15? Also, is it a community tank with other fish?

Upvote 0

Motherlovebetta

I have a 15g fluval flex also and currently only have 6 corydora habrosus. I have similar water conditions. Was thinking of trying some celestial pearl danios with them but I have heard they need a very well cycled tank and can be hard to keep alive.
I got the tank used and the guy who had it said he kept guppies in it and the fry were able to get into the back left compartment before the filter and stay away from the larger ones and then when they got big enough he would just move them up front.

Upvote 0

jkkgron2

How many guppies do you have in the flex 15? Also, is it a community tank with other fish?
Right now I have 3 male guppies and I added 5 females last night. So far it’s just the guppies, but I’m also going to use it as a grow out tank for plecos and possibly angelfish. For permanent community fish I’d suggest you take a look at peacock gudgeons for centerpiece fish and then a small school of tetras to go with the guppies. I will be getting a predator fish to eat the guppy fry. Haven’t decided what yet.

Upvote 0

GuppyOverlord11

Agree with the guppies. 15 gallons, if you don't want babies, do probably 8-10 male guppies.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Netti
  • Question
Replies
Views
kansas
Replies
Views