New to Forum & To Fishkeeping

spookyrancher

I’m new here (and somewhat new to fishkeeping). My husband (rollingjranch) introduced me to this wonderful lifestyle a few months back and it’s just about taken over our life in the best way. He loves this place and talks about how helpful and nice everyone is here, so I thought I’d make myself a username and introduce myself. You can call me Fal. rollingjranch and I have been together since 2013, we live in Oregon but we grew up in Chicago. Anyway on to the fish stuff - Our first fish tank is a fifty five gallon, from there we’ve started another 55, a 10, a 20, a 36, and a 100 gallon. This has grown from a hobby to an obsession in a matter of months and I couldn’t be happier. We will soon be starting another tank just for our young albino Senegal Bichir, which I adore. I love all of our fish, but the Bichir and I have a special bond.
We’ve inadvertently started rescuing a few fish here and there from craigs list ads. It’s devastating what some people can let happen to their tanks and their fish. But we never shame the previous owners, we try to be kind and then take very good care of our rescues. I never expected life to take this turn, but I’m really happy to be here.
I’m open to advice and suggestions, I’ll also try to be helpful when/if I can be!

TheAnglerAquarist

WELCOME!

Ouse

Welcome to Fishlore! :)

AggressiveAquatics

Welcome to fishlore!

Flyfisha

Hi spookyrancher,
My wife and I have found our way into the hobby after retirement just a few short years ago. Can I say my local club has been a source of information about local conditions, water, shops etc. as well as auctions.
Having watched a lot of U tube it’s clear there is more than one way to keep fish? While U tube will only get you so far having visited some local people they have a different approach. Of course not having to video their tanks allows for a lot more algae and other natural things to be grown.

Welcome to fishlore

richiep

Croeso welcome to fishlore Fal looks like you've certainly got the bug

spookyrancher

Thank you so much!! :)
Welcome to Fishlore! :)
Thank you very much!!
Welcome to fishlore!
Thank you very much!
Hi spookyrancher,
My wife and I have found our way into the hobby after retirement just a few short years ago. Can I say my local club has been a source of information about local conditions, water, shops etc. as well as auctions.
Having watched a lot of U tube it’s clear there is more than one way to keep fish? While U tube will only get you so far having visited some local people they have a different approach. Of course not having to video their tanks allows for a lot more algae and other natural things to be grown.

Welcome to fishlore
What a wonderful retirement hobby! Congratulations on your somewhat recent retirement by the way.
I will definitely look into our local club. You're right, everyone seems to do things their own way. We don't currently know any local fellow fishkeepers except for the local fish store employees. But we hope to change that!
Thank you for the warm welcome Flyfisha! :)
Croeso welcome to fishlore Fal looks like you've certainly got the bug
Thank you very much. I certainly do! :) Happy to be here

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JPendy
30 Gallon Tank Hello
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
Replies
Views