New To Forum. Need Advice On Build Material

MurderinMelvin

Reaction score
Hello everybody. New to the forum and pretty much a beginner. I have a 60 gallon tank that my red eared slider lives in. Shes become too large for floating logs to support her weight so she can sunbathe. I would like to build on top of the tank a platform with a ramp leading down to the water that has sides on it so she cannot escape. My question is what would you guys use to build this?

danhutchins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
MurderinMelvin said:
Hello everybody. New to the forum and pretty much a beginner. I have a 60 gallon tank that my red eared slider lives in. Shes become too large for floating logs to support her weight so she can sunbathe. I would like to build on top of the tank a platform with a ramp leading down to the water that has sides on it so she cannot escape. My question is what would you guys use to build this?
I would just build a ramp with rocks. They usually don't need the tank filled with water just enough to flip in without coming out of water or touching the bottom. You could also build up gravel on one side so it's out of the water so the little big guy can get dry out.

JoeCamaro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Welcome to the forum.
You can easily make one out of insulation foam and cement. Many people do 3d backgrounds (me included) with those materials.
You can do a YouTube search and you'll find tutorials.

Good luck.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom