New To Fishlore :)

supersix9080

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi! I have found myself swarching for hours about aquariums since my children have added fish tanks to their therapy since they witnessed their father commit suicide.
When your children love something, your desire to keep them happy in any way leads to becoming compassionate about something. So here we are

My 13 year old has a 75 gallon. He has convict cichlids and parrot fish. Pothos plants in the top of the water.

My 12 year old has a 125 gallon. He has fancy guppies, black mystery snails, golden mystery snails, ivory mystery snails, nerite snails and pleco. Plants: banana plants, java moss, anubias and pothos in the top of the water.

My 8 year old has a 75 gallon with 2 axolotls. A Lucy and a Melanoid. Plants are java moss nd pothos in the top.

My 7 year old has a 75 gallon with gold fish that he saved from a carnival. They were less than an inch long and since February are now almost big enough to go outside in the garden pond that he has been working so hard on.

My 5 and 4 year old little girls help with the 150 gallon fancy guppy tank. It has fancy guppies, baby mystery snails, cory catfish and a large pleco.

The girls also both have their own 55 gallon tanks with two axolotls. 1 wild type, 1 Lucy, 1 axanthic and 1 wild with maroon gills.

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow! So pretty much everyone in your family has a large aquarium! That's really cool!

On a side note, I'm sorry about your loss...

Chenpoes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So many tanks! They all sound amazing, and glad they're helping your kids find some happiness. Welcome to fishlore!

supersix9080

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Wow! So pretty much everyone in your family has a large aquarium! That's really cool!

On a side note, I'm sorry about your loss...
They do. Our psychiatrist notcied how my children found relief in anything to do with animals. We had two before this. The 125 and 150. And the three axolotl tanks. Since starting them up, ther children have started coming from the center to help them as well. All of the kids feel so important when they see that they are needed by the fish to keep them safe. Water changes, peramiter test, feedings etc.

Thank you ❤
So many tanks! They all sound amazing, and glad they're helping your kids find some happiness. Welcome to fishlore!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom