New To Fishlore

kgoerg

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi all -
Just joined the community. I have been keeping freshwater tropicals since the 1970's. I am from New Jersey originally, now in Michigan. I owned a tropical fish store in New Jersey up until the mid-1980's. We have two dogs, two dependent feral cats, a parrot, and multiple tanks.
Huge Yankee fan, play drums in two bands, Vietnam vet, avid fisherman (catch and release ONLY), photographer (multiple Nikon cameras), have two amazing children and 2 grand kids.
I'm a recently retired Enterprise Architect after 30 years.
GB y'all,
Ken

DecoyCat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
@kgoerg
Hi Ken, welcome! Sounds like you will bring a lot of experience to these forums, be great to see you around
Hope your enjoying retirement, im sure you are. Thank you for serving also, I come from a military family..
What sort of fish are you keeping at the moment? Photos when you can work out how to post them would be awesome. I upload to my computer, then top left of fishlore site it says Aquarium Photos, hold curser over that name and choose Add Photos, make an album and then upload. Then when you go to make a post, above the post is little icons, choose the little camera, then you uploaded photos will pop up under your post to choose from
Again, welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy it here!

kgoerg

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
@kgoerg
Hi Ken, welcome! ...QUOTE]
Thanks Sabrina
@kgoerg
Hi Ken, welcome!...
Thanks, Sabrina. Right now, since I am in the process of starting a 90G Angelfish species tank, I have pared down to only a couple of active tanks. I am down to multiple species of Pleco, Rainbow, Goby, Rummynose, Angels, Corys, Loaches, Rams. I'm heavily loaded with clean-up crew members while I change mid, upper tank and dither residents. I do love my bottom dwellers, though. Not gonna give up any of those, they'll just get redistributed.

DecoyCat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Nice Ken, Ooo a 90G Angel tank, sounds like fun. I have 2 Angels at the moment, one of them was laying eggs last week and then other one ate them, first time seeing eggs being laid, was cool. Sounds like you have quiet a few fish there, I like rams, they are bright nice looking fish. I like my clean up crew too, I have Cory's, they are such peaceful fish. I also have some Discus which I love, hard to maintain but worth it. Ive had a few issues with my tanks lately, but all seems to be going well at the moment
This is my current temporary 3 foot tank, im waiting on a replacement 4 foot tank that had a condensation leak...

kgoerg

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nice fish, Sabrina. Thanks for sharing. That gold colored discus is really beautiful.
Good luck with your leaky 48" tank..

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom