New To Fishlore

Mark M

HI I’m new to “fishlore” and look forward to all this wonderful helpful web site . I am just starting to get back into this hobby since I now have the time to enjoy. I started ewith a 3 gallon tank last week but will work my way up to a 16 gallon tank as I learn more about this hobby. Many years ago I had a 55 gallon tank with beautiful fish. Discuss, Elephant Nose, TrI Color Shark and Angle fish etc. I look forward to relearning this experience.

garlicrbrian

Hi! Welcome to the forum

Do you have fish currently? If so what do you keep

philip884551

HI welcome to fishlore what you thinking stocking your 3 gallon tank?

garlicrbrian

What size tank are they in? The 3 gal?

Iboughtmykidfish

Just a couple of black molly’s and a bottom feeder.
Hello, and welcome fishlore is a wonderful site. I found it after getting back into the hobby as well. I would definitely look into that upgrade soon! A couple mollys aren't going to be happy in a tank that small for very long at all. And what kind of bottom feeder do you have?

philip884551

3 gal tank is 2 small for mollys these fish need a minimum 20 gallon long a 3 gallon tank is really only suitable for a Betta or shrimps or a couple of African dwarf frogs

Mark M

Not sure of the name but am planing on getting a tank after the holidays.

garlicrbrian

Ok, I would recommend getting at least 5 gallons of space for each molly.

philip884551

Not sure of the name but am planing on getting a tank after the holidays.
That's good I would try and get at least a 20 gallon long for the mollys and if you have females mollys you will probably end up with fry which you could use your 3 gallon tank for them to grow out

Iboughtmykidfish

That's good I would try and get at least a 20 gallon long for the mollys and if you have females mollys you will probably end up with fry which you could use your 3 gallon tank for them to grow out
Agree. May even need more space depending on the type of bottom feeder.

Mark M

Ok, I would recommend getting at least 5 gallons of space for each molly.
Thank you for the guidelines.

WinterSoldier.

Welcome!

Mark M

I have a question, I purchased in error “live sand” and am not sure if I should return it because I am starting a freshwater tank. If I understand it correctly live sand is for saltwater fish ? Thank you

Mark M

Good idea

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom