New to FishKeeping, Bubble’s Journey~

ClearR2E054

Hello Fish Friends! Little fishies are so peaceful aren’t they? I’ve always wanted to start fish-keeping! (Working my way up to a bloom of beautiful moon jellies) I thought I’d start small and easy with a half moon betta fish! right now I have him in a 3 gallon tank (I know it’s small! I’m getting him a much bigger one near the holidays) the temp is at 26c, I use tap safe and weekly cleaner, he has fish flakes and bloodworm to eat. I also gave him plenty of leaves and hide spaces, he particularly loves the rock cave I bought him ❤️

Bubbles joined me only a few days ago, (don’t tell him that his ’3 day return warrantee’ has expired!) I have absolutely fallen in love with this boy! He has a beautiful blue tail and has a really bubbly personality! Of course the first day here he was semi-stressed, glass surfing etc, recently that has reduced 10 fold and he’s happily swimming all over the tank.

I’m so impressed by how fast he’s adapted himself! This is day three being in his new home and he’s already feeding by my finger, gliding around the leaves, swimming up to the front of the tank. I couldn’t be happier with him! I’m learning new things about my boyo each day, he helps me feel calm and it’s a joy to see his little face swimming up to me.

I’ll keep you guys posted on his journey! Tips and advice much appreciated! Sorry for the long post, it might be strange to be ecstatic over a fish, thought it’d be best to post my mom-fishness on here instead of bugging my friends about Bubbles constantly haha.

here’s a picture. I also drew him cos it’s difficult to take a good photo!

Attachments

• 416EC823-3C48-4C69-AB57-026B627664C8.jpeg
    416EC823-3C48-4C69-AB57-026B627664C8.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 32
  • AA33F696-2BE1-49D7-BB15-CBBF85C27772.jpeg
    AA33F696-2BE1-49D7-BB15-CBBF85C27772.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 32

Tigerburp

Hello Fish Friends! Little fishies are so peaceful aren’t they? I’ve always wanted to start fish-keeping! (Working my way up to a bloom of beautiful moon jellies) I thought I’d start small and easy with a half moon betta fish! right now I have him in a 3 gallon tank (I know it’s small! I’m getting him a much bigger one near the holidays) the temp is at 26c, I use tap safe and weekly cleaner, he has fish flakes and bloodworm to eat. I also gave him plenty of leaves and hide spaces, he particularly loves the rock cave I bought him ❤️

Bubbles joined me only a few days ago, (don’t tell him that his ’3 day return warrantee’ has expired!) I have absolutely fallen in love with this boy! He has a beautiful blue tail and has a really bubbly personality! Of course the first day here he was semi-stressed, glass surfing etc, recently that has reduced 10 fold and he’s happily swimming all over the tank.

I’m so impressed by how fast he’s adapted himself! This is day three being in his new home and he’s already feeding by my finger, gliding around the leaves, swimming up to the front of the tank. I couldn’t be happier with him! I’m learning new things about my boyo each day, he helps me feel calm and it’s a joy to see his little face swimming up to me.

I’ll keep you guys posted on his journey! Tips and advice much appreciated! Sorry for the long post, it might be strange to be ecstatic over a fish, thought it’d be best to post my mom-fishness on here instead of bugging my friends about Bubbles constantly haha.

here’s a picture. I also drew him cos it’s difficult to take a good photo!
Beautiful drawing and betta, I like how you solved the photo issue by drawing it

otterblue

I love your attitude, fish's name and art!

Fish20G

Welcome! Glad you are off to a great start!!

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore! :)

HupGupp

Welcome! You've come to the right place to share your enthusiasm for your fish. You just can't talk much about fish to non-fish people.

ClearR2E054

Hi, it’s been a while since I posted about Bubbles. I just wanted to say he’s doing really well!

Before I brought him home, back in his pet-shop tank, (no substrate, no decorations, really cramped with many other fish), he barely moved, his fins were clamped, clearly not a very happy betta..

Within the couple of weeks Ive had Bubbles;

He‘s become more colourful,
He swims around in his tank more,
Those beautiful fins fan out more when he swims, (even his dorsal surprisingly!)

He seems so much happier and I couldn’t be more proud of him and his progress!

Sorry if you guys arent that interested in this! I just thought it‘d be fun to log Bubble’s journey.

Attachments

• A500FC2D-606E-4CB6-98CE-EF6CC5EB996E.jpeg
    A500FC2D-606E-4CB6-98CE-EF6CC5EB996E.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 15

Bsplendid

Hi, it’s been a while since I posted about Bubbles. I just wanted to say he’s doing really well!

Before I brought him home, back in his pet-shop tank, (no substrate, no decorations, really cramped with many other fish), he barely moved, his fins were clamped, clearly not a very happy betta..

Within the couple of weeks Ive had Bubbles;

He‘s become more colourful,
He swims around in his tank more,
Those beautiful fins fan out more when he swims, (even his dorsal surprisingly!)

He seems so much happier and I couldn’t be more proud of him and his progress!

Sorry if you guys arent that interested in this! I just thought it‘d be fun to log Bubble’s journey.
Of course we are interested, we all want to read about fish here, especialy if its something cheerful. Brag about him all you want :)

Bgreen82

Such a distinguished gentleman! We love to see new aquarists and beautiful guys like this, welcome to the family.

Bsplendid

Also Bettas are the fish with the most interesting character, they are communicating with you all the while keeping their terythory. Iam a former betta owner, now i have danios. And though is fun to watch them swim all day, with the betta i had a conection. He would always get active when i would aproach the tank, he would follow my finger all the way to the top of the tank to get food.and he noticed everything you put in his tank, examine it, poke it... the best pet fish
One time i noticed him flaring and atacking the side of the tank for like an hour, and couldnt figure out why is he doing it. Then i saw that my husband put a very colourful bottle next to the tank, so he immediatly saw it as a threath. The moment i removed it he calmed down

BradleyH2O

Welcome to Fishlore. Your enthusiasm is contagious :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Blacksheep1
  • Question
  • Diannajasper01
  • Snails
Replies
Views
Diannajasper01
Replies
Views