New To Apistos

Connor Beckmann
I am not new to keeping fish. But in the next few days a pair of apistogramma cacatoudies will be arriving. Any tips? They will be kept with zebra danios and cherry shrimp. Although I will more thank likely be removing the cherry shrimp.

Jellibeen
Mine are picky eaters. I started soaking frozen food in Garlic Guard which has helped. I still put some time into feeding them, since if I just drop the food in the zebra danios snatch a lot of it up. I have to stick my hand underwater near them to get the food closeby.

Connor Beckmann
Mine are picky eaters. I started soaking frozen food in Garlic Guard which has helped. I still put some time into feeding them, since if I just drop the food in the zebra danios snatch a lot of it up. I have to stick my hand underwater near them to get the food closeby.
Do you think they can be trained for flake or pellets?

Jellibeen
Sometimes mine will eat Bug Bites, but I mostly feed them bloodworms and shrimp. I’ve heard of people depriving them of food until they will give in and eat flakes, but that seems unnecessary. Feed em what they wanna eat. If they easily take flakes or pellets, great! but if not I think it’s best to go with frozen.

JackA99
I must be the outlier here but mine have ate everything I have given them flakes,bug bites, pellets, frozen food, etc right from the start. Also make sure you have a cave for the female as they will breed.

Jellibeen
Caves are great! I ended up with all males and they love caves.

yukondog
My Borellii's, Hippolytae and male Hongsloi will eat anything I put in the tank, the female Hongsloi will only eat it if it's live or frozen. The Hippolytae would only eat if it was alive, but after adding flake to the live and frozen food they started to eat flake. Good luck apisto's are a great fish.

Connor Beckmann
My Borellii's, Hippolytae and male Hongsloi will eat anything I put in the tank, the female Hongsloi will only eat it if it's live or frozen. The Hippolytae would only eat if it was alive, but after adding flake to the live and frozen food they started to eat flake. Good luck apisto's are a great fish.
Thanks! Ill just be prepared to try everything

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
LowConductivity
Replies
Views
yukondog
Replies
Views
jake37
Replies