New tiger Oscar with possible ick

Thesalient

Hello all I recently got tiger Oscar 2 days ago ,today I noticed two tiny white spot on one Fin, if this is ick it’s early , went to the store yesterday where I got him from and noticed the white specs on the other fish in the tank I informed the manager and she immediately treated the tank, my question here is in the early stage do I need to treat the 125 gallon tank he has all to his self or should I move to hospital tank and do it as it’s only 10 Gallon, and this guy is small right now bout inch and a half, would the 125 have The ick in it as of right now to need to be treated as well? Let me know thanks

ChrissFishes01

Are there other fish in the 125? If not, you could pull the oscar to a 10 gallon and treat there, and just leave the 125 fallow (completely fishless) for 2-3 weeks at an increased temperature of 84-85 degrees. That should starve the ich out of the main tank while you treat in the 10 gallon. Or, you can treat the 125 if you want to be absolutely sure the ich is taken out of the main tank - I'd personally just treat the 125 with Ich-X or salt. Both are relatively inexpensive, at least here in the US.

Thesalient

Are there other fish in the 125? If not, you could pull the oscar to a 10 gallon and treat there, and just leave the 125 fallow (completely fishless) for 2-3 weeks at an increased temperature of 84-85 degrees. That should starve the ich out of the main tank while you treat in the 10 gallon. Or, you can treat the 125 if you want to be absolutely sure the ich is taken out of the main tank - I'd personally just treat the 125 with Ich-X or salt. Both are relatively inexpensive, at least here in the US.
Yes all by hisself, I want a big fish but be able to live happily with plenty of room, thought about adding another one as I researched two do well together but enough space for them both to be happy? I will try to get a pic of the area in question
Hello all I recently got tiger Oscar 2 days ago ,today I noticed two tiny white spot on one Fin, if this is ick it’s early , went to the store yesterday where I got him from and noticed the white specs on the other fish in the tank I informed the manager and she immediately treated the tank, my question here is in the early stage do I need to treat the 125 gallon tank he has all to his self or should I move to hospital tank and do it as it’s only 10 Gallon, and this guy is small right now bout inch and a half, would the 125 have The ick in it as of right now to need to be treated as well? Let me know thanks
I also have had a 55 gallon running for 7 years which had many goldfish in its time of which I had dropsy and have found that a water change an salt always works well, although plants don’t like the salt but if used per directed it’s been great and I have dumped it on my plants and still have them , I think I’ll just raise the temp like you say and Treat with some salt see how that goes

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
why256
Replies
Views
Ghelfaire
Replies
Views