New thingamawabs

AJE

What are these new buttons at the bottom of people’s posts? There’s a trophy and an upvote arrow, what do they do?

Best Answer - View jkkgron2's answer

Demeter

I don't see them on your post, let's see if they are on this one. If they show up, feel free to click on them and see what happens!

jkkgron2

With the arrow You can vote for the best answer. On whatever post The trophy appears on means that that post is the best answer?

Cheesecake

AJE said:
What are these new buttons at the bottom of people’s posts? There’s a trophy and an upvote arrow, what do they do?
The arrow is for upvoting, kinda like Reddit, except you can't downvote a post (it got taken out-was probably abused or something, idk). I'll upvote all of the posts here, and you should get a notification (idr if you do or not).
First post doesn't get the arrows because the OPs first post in a thread is usually a question; the upvotes are for the best answer.

jkkgron2 said:
With the arrow You can vote for the best answer. On whatever post The trophy appears on means that that post is the best answer?
Yup exactly right.
Tbh idk why the mods added it.

Yup that worked.

AJE

Ok so From randomly clicking buttons I think that the trophy is for you to mark a personal best answer

Cheesecake said:
Yup that worked.
Ok, so we figured out what the trophy does but what what does the upvote do?

jkkgron2

AJE said:
You’ll want to click it if you think that that post should be the best answer. whichever post has the most votes will become The best answer.

Cheesecake

AJE said:
Idk actually. I thought it moved the post you upvoted to the top as best answer, but the trophy did that...weird.

jkkgron2

Cheesecake said:
Idk actually. I thought it moved the post you upvoted to the top as best answer, but the trophy did that...weird.
Doesn’t the trophy appear on the post that’s the best answer?

AJE

jkkgron2 said:
You’ll want to click it if you think that that post should be the best answer. whichever post has the most votes will become The best answer.
Ok so the trophy is to show each individual’s top comment and the upvote arrow is multiple people’s favorite comment?

This is what it looks like on my end when I clicked the trophy

jkkgron2

AJE said:
This is what it looks like on my end when I clicked the trophy
Ok now I’m confused. Maybe the OP is able to mark the best answer by clicking the trophy, no matter how many votes the post has? I don’t have any recent threads right now I could check but I’m guessing that whoever made the thread has the ability to select what post is the best answer.

AJE

Yeah it seems like only an op can do the trophy thing so it can override the up votes?

Ok what does your all's screen say is the top comment? Demeter has the most upvotes but I gave jkkgron the trophy

jkkgron2

For me it says that I have the best answer

AJE

Ok so we know what the trophy does, what does the arrow do? It doesn't give anyone the "top comment" title. What's the point?

Cheesecake

AJE said:
Ok so we know what the trophy does, what does the arrow do? It doesn't give anyone the "top comment" title. What's the point?
I think it kinda works like this.
Whatever answer the OP likes the most, that post gets the trophy.
But whatever post everyone else in the thread thinks is the best, that one gets all the upvotes.

StarGirl

It used to be that a single vote would make it the best answer. They did change it because of abuse. The OP is the only one that can make the "best answer" trophy.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom