New Tank?

Asinity

Well, I'm being gnawed very slowly by that darned Betta-Bug again... Whether or not I will be getting a new Betta, I'm unsure, but I am definitely considering a new home for Kyler and Christen - a 10 gallon split.

I was wondering though, is it possible to split an eclipse 12? Or am I really just stuck with the traditional type of glass tank? I suppose it would be easier to go that route and simply transfer my filter and heater from my 5 gallon to the 10, putting my Stingray5 into the 5 gallon and buying a new heater so I can keep the 5 gallon operational. Although I was wanting to shy away from the traditional rectangular tanks, which is why I asked about the Eclipse 12. Can I split it, or no?

This is more just thinking out-loud, but I'd like some opinions. I want to spend as little as possible, and manage to keep my 5 gallon running for another Betta... any thoughts? Are there any other tanks I can look at?

Asinity

Also, after browsing through Drs. Foster and Smith, I'm considering buying through them. Anyone from Canada ever deal with them? What kind of shipping rates can I expect?

COBettaCouple

I think there was a post on here a little while back about constructing your own tank dividers.. that might make it possible to divide an eclipse 12, even if the store-bought dividers won't. Try searching fishlore for that. I am getting to liking non-traditional tanks as well.. hex tanks & bowfronts.

Timesdragonfly

check out -- Re: Divided Tank Question at the top of the bettw forum

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom