New Tank?

Asinity

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm being gnawed very slowly by that darned Betta-Bug again... Whether or not I will be getting a new Betta, I'm unsure, but I am definitely considering a new home for Kyler and Christen - a 10 gallon split.

I was wondering though, is it possible to split an eclipse 12? Or am I really just stuck with the traditional type of glass tank? I suppose it would be easier to go that route and simply transfer my filter and heater from my 5 gallon to the 10, putting my Stingray5 into the 5 gallon and buying a new heater so I can keep the 5 gallon operational. Although I was wanting to shy away from the traditional rectangular tanks, which is why I asked about the Eclipse 12. Can I split it, or no?

This is more just thinking out-loud, but I'd like some opinions. I want to spend as little as possible, and manage to keep my 5 gallon running for another Betta... any thoughts? Are there any other tanks I can look at?

Asinity

Valued Member
Reaction score
Also, after browsing through drsfostersmith.com, I'm considering buying through them. Anyone from Canada ever deal with them? What kind of shipping rates can I expect?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think there was a post on here a little while back about constructing your own tank dividers.. that might make it possible to divide an eclipse 12, even if the store-bought dividers won't. Try searching fishlore for that. I am getting to liking non-traditional tanks as well.. hex tanks & bowfronts.

Timesdragonfly

Valued Member
Reaction score
check out -- Re: Divided Tank Question at the top of the bettw forum

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom