New Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Aquired a 30 gallon tank from my aunt who no longer wanted to have it up after 15 years. Nice stand, tank is sound, decent biowheel hob. Came with 2 Tiger Barbs, 2 Rosy Barbs, 1 Firemouth (3 inches) and 1 Featherfin Catfish (as ID'd by Nutter). I decided to add my kribs to the tank until I decide what I'm going to keep fishwise. The firemouth took exception to the additions and decided to bully my kribs. (My male krib is same size as the firemouth, I figured he would retaliate but he just acted like the firemouth wasn't there) Anyhow, I moved the firemouth to my other 30 gallon with the cory cats (where the kribs were).

Hoping krib fry will survive better in this tank as the cory cats were eating them like popcorn before. Might try my hand at cory breeding now. I'm rambling now.

OP
Treefork

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Right now i still have 7 surviving krib fry that are getting pretty good sized and eating well in a 10 gallon in the basement. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, LFS said they would take 'em, just not sure how many I want to trade in.

OP
Treefork

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, I've got mature albino aeneus and mature of the ones we think are axelrods. I would like to get the axelrods to spawn, only one of them is female though. She's super fat though, that's her in the picture.

Attachments

OP
Treefork

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah if I can get them to spawn I'll probably attempt to remove the eggs to another tank to hatch. Gotta get the eggs first though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 17 19.3%

Top Bottom