55 Gallon Tank New Tank!

pinksprklmonkey

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi all!

Because of reading all your great advise on the board I have FINALLY decided on what I am stocking my 30 Gallon tank. I now have to decide exactly what I want in my new 55 Gallon tank which will begin the fishless cycle along with my 30 Gallon on Monday!! ;D

Since I am going to have mostly small fish in my 30, I would like to go with larger fish in the 55, specifically Cichlids. I would love a really colorful tank. I have been reading about so many different kinds of cichlids and their different habitat/aggression requirements that I am a bit confused. I really like the look of the yellow labs, demasonis, aceis (I'm not sure that's spelled correctly), and turquoise haps.

One of the moderators was awesome and sent me a link to "cookie cutter" set ups for cichlids but i didn't see a combo on there that was exactly what I was looking for. Does anyone have any suggestions for a colorful cichlid tank?
x

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
on that link I shared with you, you need to scroll down and it has a ton of different species that can be mixed and how many of each is recommended if you dont see them combined, its not recommended

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That's my partner in crime Shawnie promoting Cichlids. She was a little scared about them first until She got Hooked. hahahahaha

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cichlids are an awesome choice! They are indeed beautiful and sometimes have interesting shapes, too.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom