New Tank! 55 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by pinksprklmonkey, Mar 26, 2010.

1. p

pinksprklmonkey Valued Member Member

Hi all!

Because of reading all your great advise on the board I have FINALLY decided on what I am stocking my 30 Gallon tank. :;hf I now have to decide exactly what I want in my new 55 Gallon tank which will begin the fishless cycle along with my 30 Gallon on Monday!! ;D

Since I am going to have mostly small fish in my 30, I would like to go with larger fish in the 55, specifically Cichlids. I would love a really colorful tank. I have been reading about so many different kinds of cichlids and their different habitat/aggression requirements that I am a bit confused. I really like the look of the yellow labs, demasonis, aceis (I'm not sure that's spelled correctly), and turquoise haps.

One of the moderators was awesome and sent me a link to "cookie cutter" set ups for cichlids but i didn't see a combo on there that was exactly what I was looking for. Does anyone have any suggestions for a colorful cichlid tank?
    :;thx

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

on that link I shared with you, you need to scroll down and it has a ton of different species that can be mixed and how many of each is recommended :) if you dont see them combined, its not recommended :)

3. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

A tank full of Cichlids sounds nice! Do keep us updated with photos :D

Best of luck! :;hf

4. navyscuba

navyscuba Well Known Member Member

That's my partner in crime Shawnie promoting Cichlids. :;laughing She was a little scared about them first until She got Hooked. hahahahaha :giggle:

5. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Cichlids are an awesome choice! They are indeed beautiful and sometimes have interesting shapes, too. :clapping:

6. OP
    OP
    p

:;thx

7. p

philipbouchard-davies Valued Member Member

What was this link?

Phil :)

8. OP
    OP
    p

This is what Shawnie sent me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice