New Tank! 50 Gallon Tank

1. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

I'm getting a 50 bowfront on Sunday!! YAY!
    The lady wants my 20 gal. for her 50 gal. She doesn't have enough room for the 50. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to set up this tank yet...but if I do, any ideas as to stocking?
    I was thinks Angels & small cichlids.
    I'm a cichlid addict as most of you know...so it's def. going to be them. I'll also be adding the knife. :)

2. phil saint Member Member

angels are great i love them but if you get angels i would reccomend getting some sword plants my altum angel loves to hide in and around the long stems.

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

What are the dimensions of the tank? If the footprint is large enough, JD's are always fun. Psst...the fry I took out of Shelby's JD tank Monday are still alive:;tea They should be big enough to ship when the weather warms up. Gold mom, blue gene dad, hmmm...

4. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

hahaha...Shawnie ia already hitting me up to take her fry. ;)
    I'll measure it Sunday when I get it...maybe I'll have room for at least one JD. I'm really falling in love with them. :)

5. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

They're awesome fish! You have the perfect personality for them as well. You can appreciate them wanting to bond with you.

6. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

I can't wait to own them!! :)
    I just don't want them to feel crowded in a 50 gal. :(
    Would they be okay with Angels & the knife you think? Maybe since they'd be fry they'd be alright.

EDIT:
    Demensions are: 36-inches x 18-inches x 20-inches (LxWxH).

7. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Shawnie's had success keeping her JD's with angels. I've never tried it so I couldn't say either way.

The knife fish, I've never had so I can't advise on that, either.

Someone here should be able to give you a more definitive answer, though.

8. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

I think that if they are raised as fry, they should be okay...
    *fingers crossed*

9. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

My fins are crossed as well:)

10. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

Well....I got it and guess what?!?!
    IT'S ACTUALLY A 72 GALLON BOWFRONT!!
    My DREAM tank!
    *does happy dance*

11. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

AWESOME! We're so happy for you! Please post pics when you get it up and running.

12. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

I will...I don't know when I'm going to be able to get it running, hopefully sooner rather than later. ;)
    But a JD is looking promising. ;D

13. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

If you want any more after you get the JD's from Shawnie, mine are still kickin'.

OMG-you're going to LOVE JD's! They're so much fun. With their personalities, they're the closest thing to having an Oscar.

14. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

I'm really looking forward to getting JD's!
    And now that this tank is larger than I had planned, more JD's may be coming!