New Tank

1. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah! i came home with the 5g after work LOL I got the following:

1 5g glass tank (110$)
    1 ELITE hush 5g (167$)
    1 75W heater (110$) (they had no 50W)
    a Huge Bag of gravel (30)
    1 thermometer (17)

but the LFS gave me a discount and i brought it home for a LOT less :)

As soon as i got home i began washing the gravel (it took forever) then i filled up the tank and installed the Filter. Man, the sound is so peaceful (there's no sound at all ;)) and then the heater. Its working pretty well, its been running for about 30mins and clearing up. I'll add the lucky betta girl tomorrow ;)

I'm so excited!

I just noticed i dont have MTS... i have NTS.... lol i love the look of new tanks :giggle: im up to 4 tanks now...

My next plans are to upgrade both filters ( the one in the 10g to a stingray 10 and the one in my 35 to who knows what) then i'll use the filter in the 10g and use it in the 2.5. Then i'll get a heater for that tank and rescue another poor lil betta.

:;hi1

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Oh my goodness Tony! lol Congrats.
    Soon there won't be any room in your bedroom for you!

3. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

LOL lucy, theres no room for me already :giggle: i just noticed i ran out of outlets, i guess it was time for me to bring out the extention cords.... LOL

The kids are staring at the tank LOL theyre so crazy!

4. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

:;broccoli

5. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

:;th

I think the size of this tank is perfect for bettas... its like totally great LOL not too small, not too big :)

6. click Well Known Member Member

Congrats on the new tank but OMG...are those the prices in Mexico for aquarium supplies??? That's sooooo expensive. Aren't you better off ordering from the states (or canada) and paying for shipping? You are getting ripped off!!!

7. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

LOL those are in pesos. Basically every 12 pesos is a US dollar. The chances of the stuff i order online getting to me are very slim, unfortunately my mailing system goes through your mail before they deliver it, besides, they would probably break it anyway LOL

I am better off buying my stuff separately. the reason most things are so expensive is because they are imported, and to be honest i'd rather have good trusty equipment thatn a japanese brand i've never heard of LOL

8. click Well Known Member Member

Oh lol, I almost had a heart attack, I thought those prices were in USD. :;laughing

9. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

:shock: LOL woow! that would be such a rip off! LOL

10. uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

Congratulations on the new tank! It must be in the water, buying new ones!

11. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Tony:;hi2 Hope you're doing well today. Congrats on the new tank. I'll be looking forward to photos of your new Bettas! :)
    Ken

12. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Cant wait to see the pics :)

13. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

thanks everyone! She is exploring her new home :D

14. Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

Congratulations, Tony! Isn't it fun to watch them getting acquainted with their new homes?

15. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

:giggle: yup!

16. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Congratulations on the new tank, Tony! Can't wait to see pics.

17. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

thanks bb!

18. lorabell Well Known Member Member

YIPPPEEE!!!!! cONGRATS....SO WHERES THE PICS????LOL

19. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

LOL you ALWAYS want pics :giggle: sorry, i wont be able to take any untill i come back from vacations LOL

20. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Tony, YAY!!!! We will wait for pics and glad to hear it;s all going well. I moved one of mine at the weekend, and it was great watching him explore a new tank (took your advice about what you did with clayton as my Mars was very similar in the way he was acting, and when I moved him, he did seem to perk up, so thanks for the idea).
    Cant wait to see the pics, enjoy vacations!