New Tank

1. KCfishman Member Member

NEW TANK I recently got a 38 gallon tank for my birthday, courtesy of grandma. Decoration theme ideas? And stocking ideas?

2. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

What about a Bolivian Ram?

3. bopsalot Well Known Member Member

I always recommend a special angelfish. But that's just because I really love angelfish.

4. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

I looove my planted tank if you want to go that route. Plants and driftwood and rocks look really good in a tank in my opinion. Natural colored gravel or sand (or black), a big piece of spiderwood in the right place, and a bunch of plants would look awesome!

5. ashenwelt Well Known Member Member

Lots of plants!

6. BettaPonic Well Known Member Member

I always recommend Livebearers. There is something special about seeing generations of fish. There are so many exotic options.

7. graceo Member Member

Wowie! I want a 38 gallon from grandma haha! Personally I absolutely love danios, they are a blast to watch zip around the tank. You could pair them with a school of cories and I think that'd be a pretty fun tank! Both species are super playful and adorable too c:

8. KCfishman Member Member

Guys, big news, a week in, I've got babies
    b5a2ec36adf0aaf9726fd111a8860a9c.jpg
    c707d5c7694e334e58b024b2a2c423a6.jpg

9. bopsalot Well Known Member Member

Cool! What kind of fish did you go with?

10. KCfishman Member Member

I'm still in the setting up phase, with the cheap fish, but they're either salvation mollies or lyretail mollies, I don't really know, but that's what's in there, in just a week into the using cheap fish, but I've got babies. That's all I know

11. KCfishman Member Member

Dalmatian* not salvation