New tank

Savel101

Reaction score
So I found a 29 gallon tank on the side of the road with the stand. Just filled it with water to see if everything is okay. Looks like so far it is holding the water. As I was filling it with water I added vinegar and started cleaning it a little bit. When I was cleaning one of the corners I saw what looks like to be some black mold under the silicone. Is this something I need to be worried about? Do I need to Reseal the tank? Is there anything I can do?

Thomas Lin

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
A picture would be helpful. Can it be wiped/rubbed off? Try adding hot water and see if it dissolves.

MtnTiger

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yes a picture would be nice. Could it be an original black silicone and later covered up with clear?

OP
S

Savel101

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436833828.065087.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436833847.091152.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436833860.017651.jpg

Forget the purple scratch across the camera. I don't know if those are good enough? I can take better ones tomorrow when I go back to my moms. I don't know if you can tell or not?

It cannot be wiped off. It is under the silicone between the glass and silicone.

MtnTiger

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Great pics! I would remove the silicone, clean it thoroughly and re-apply.

Good luck!

OP
S

Savel101

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! How difficult is that process?

New Threads