New tank

1. fishlurer22

fishlurer22 New Member Member

I just got a new 35 gallon tank and i was seeking any cool design ideas and fish that i should put in this tank. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Adam55

Adam55 Well Known Member Member

There's so many different ways to stock and decorate. Do you want live plants in the tank? And do you prefer larger groups of small fish or a few larger fish?

3. OP
    OP
    fishlurer22

I am up for any suggestions but i do prefer small fish that will group.

4. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

It's very hard to try & design someone else's tank as we all like different things, I like natural looking tanks with smallish fish live plants & wood, some people like funky coloured gravel & decorations, & some like quite bare tanks with one or two large fish
    Have a look at some of the threads here https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/members-fish-tanks/ it might give you some ideas

5. OP
    OP
    fishlurer22

Thanks for the link it gave me a couple ideas just as you have said

6. e

evan47 Valued Member Member

5 banded barbs are small schooling fish. lively and non aggressive unlike tiger barbs. a group of 6+ is nice.

7. Mattfinn

Mattfinn Valued Member Member

Look at Australian biotope tanks, they're awesome imo, very natural like a creek bed. Plants are generally hardy too because well it's Australia, you could do various rainbow species.

Feeling fishy

8. Mattfinn

Mattfinn Valued Member Member

What I found on google images, makes me want to go out and buy a 30g+ and do it. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407631402.666627.jpg

Feeling fishy

9. OP
    OP
    fishlurer22

Wow that is awesome. I think i just found what im going to do

10. tmills

tmills New Member Member

Well this site is the place to find the answers to questions you haven't thought of yet Happy journey!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app