new tank

1. Harrison Member Member

160 litre stocking examples?

2. Stang Man Well Known Member Member

That's about 40 gallons, as a rule for stocking 1 inch of fish per 10 gallons is ideal in saltwater applications. So for that size of tank I would suggest smaller size of fish, nothing that will grow large. Gobies, blennies, clowns, fire fish these are some examples for you to look at and get more of an idea of what you would like in the tank.

Welcome to Fish Lore!!!

3. Harrison Member Member

definitely would like a clow and an anemone thats possible right?

4. Stang Man Well Known Member Member

You will need to wait a year before you can introduce anemone's clown fish would be fine to have in your tank.

5. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

What kind of lights are you running? Are you interested in keeping a bubble tip anemone? That's probably the hardiest of them and will do best under T5's or metal halides and needs to be fed periodically. I think once the tank is established/cycled/balanced (several months) you could keep them if you have the proper lighting.

6. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

In a tank of that size I'd keep something like this.....

2 Percula Clownfish
    1 Bubbletip anenome
    3 Clown Gobies
    5 Reef Chromis
    1 Scooter Blenny

Then I'd also have a bunch of other shrimp and inverts.

7. Harrison Member Member

thanks mike i would be getting the coorect lighting and the bubble tip is a cool anemone :) didnt realise it was that long if a wait period though :/

8. Harrison Member Member

emma i also like your choice im thinking all of them. i like the green chromis and been told look amazing under great lighting! i got told the blemmies destroy your reef tho is this true?

9. Stang Man Well Known Member Member

It's only a 40 gallon tank to many fish for that size of water volume.

10. Stang Man Well Known Member Member

If you have multiple blennies they will pick and fight with each other and they can destroy your tank , you should only have one species in the tank.

11. Harrison Member Member

Cheers :D