New tank with spider wood setups

immadalin

Hello,
So I started a new tank with spider wood like 2 weeks ago. I washed / boiled everything like usual prior to setup and everything is great so far except one thing that bother me. There is this white fugues that keep growing over the wood. I know it’s harmless and I have been brushing it off every now and then but how much longer does it take for it to disappear permanently?
P.S photo of my new tank right after I set it up 2 weeks ago. No fugues grows up yet.

Attachments

• 91532EFA-712B-40B4-8E3F-F73E46A77DE0.jpeg
    91532EFA-712B-40B4-8E3F-F73E46A77DE0.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 6

carsonsgjs

It’s difficult to say - in my experience I’ve had pieces that didn’t slime up at all, then others that took months for the slime to eventually disappear. I’d say on average a week or two, perhaps quicker if you have fish or inverts that will eat it.

As you say though, it’s harmless but if it bothers you then you can continue to manually remove it.

Blacksheep1

Snails took care of this fungus pretty quick for me. It’s un slightly but it’ll pass.

immadalin

It’s difficult to say - in my experience I’ve had pieces that didn’t slime up at all, then others that took months for the slime to eventually disappear. I’d say on average a week or two, perhaps quicker if you have fish or inverts that will eat it.

As you say though, it’s harmless but if it bothers you then you can continue to manually remove it.
I was thinking about that too. I probably take my snail from my other tank and have her take care of it lol. Btw, thank you.
Snails took care of this fungus pretty quick for me. It’s un slightly but it’ll pass.
I will try this method as I already have a snail. Thank you.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DeathFromNH
Replies
Views
Momgoose56
  • Question
Replies
Views
Rachaeljuno
Replies