New tank tonight!! 90 gallons!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaysee, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Tonight I'm getting a 90 gallon tank with pine stand, lights, 2 heaters, a fluval 405, 305 and an ac110, along with an oscar and a pleco. Oh I can't wait!!!!

2. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Oh nice! That's going to be a fun tank. :)

3. OP
    OP
    Jaysee

the oscar wont be staying....not sure about the pleco.

4. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

What are your thoughts for stocking?

5. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Congratulations!

:eek::nono: Poor little oscar...he's going to lose his home. I'm sure you'll make sure he goes to a good home, though.;)

6. OP
    OP
    Jaysee

the oscar is 12+ inches long and the jack dempsey is 8 inches. No pleco. The oscar is HUGE. Pics are coming in a momment.

But to recap - 90 gallon tank, wood cabinet stand, 48in strip light, glass tops, fluval 405, 305, and AC110, stealth 200W and some other 200W heater, bags and bags of food, bottles of prime and gravel.

$250

7. OP
    OP
    Jaysee

The 29 was replaced by the 90.

Attached Files:

8. jglove276

jglove276Valued MemberMember

all that for $250? I'm so jealous.:;nw

9. OP
    OP
    Jaysee

yeah, the guy must have REALLY needed the money, cause there's almost $500 worth of filters alone.

For stock.... my girlfriends 2 goldfish (1 fancy, 1 regular) from the 29 will be the first inhabitants. after that, 4 pictus cats and a black ghost knife. Beyond that, I don't know yet. It's our tank (the others are either mine or hers) so it's not going a unilateral decision :)

I'm aware that goldfish "shouldnt" be kept in tropical tanks.

10. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

That was an awesome deal!

11. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Congrats Jaysee! I'll be looking forward to your updates. :( the fish don't look too happy.
    Beautiful though!
    Ken

12. Morgan111

Morgan111Well Known MemberMember

nice looking tank and a good deal.... when we saw our 125 for 450.00 I was like well and then I found out it came with a brand new fluval FX5 that had never had water in it I was like ok..... I guess we will take it lol.

13. OP
    OP
    Jaysee

no, the fish arent in the best shape. they did spend almost 2 hours in a 6 gallon bucket, but they looked beat up before that. i put some decor in the tank late last night and the JD instantly looked better, though its still needs some TLC. the only thing the guy had in the tank was a small terracotta pot.

14. Fish_Man

Fish_ManValued MemberMember

great deal! no cracks or leaks on the tank or stand.. if not ... WOW

15. OP
    OP
    Jaysee

All I can say is the guy must have REEEEEEEALLY needed the money.....

16. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

wow that is a faboooooooo deal!!! CONGRATS to you both~! He must have been desperate for sure .....I feel for the fish tho....they certainly are in horrid shape.....are you keeping the jd?

17. OP
    OP
    Jaysee

no, they both will be rehomed. You want them?

18. Morgan111

Morgan111Well Known MemberMember

:;ot I went to my girlfriends best friends house the other day and she had me go look at their tank in their kitchen.... and I was horrified at what I saw ... a 55gallon w no top and two huge coy a 12"+ long JD and a 18" pleco in a dirty nasty tank I felt soooo bad for the fish.... I hated to see that... ohh yea and nothing in the tank but gravel and a filter that was overflowing

19. OP
    OP
    Jaysee

When I first started dating my girlfriend, she had a fancy goldfish in a 10 gallon...HORRIBLE. It couldn't swim. Then I bought her a 29 for Fish (the goldfish). Now Fish has a 90 he'll be moving to! What a year - going from a 10 gallon to a 90 :)

That's a tough position you're in. They have had the fish in there for quite a while, so it'll be tough to convince them to rehome the fish....

20. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

A little bit hard to take them if they are rehomed ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice