30 Gallon Tank New Tank Startup

RonP

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Ron, and I am about to start a 32 gallon Bio Cube tank. I am retired now, but 20 years ago I had two 65 gallon freshwater tanks, one with African Cichlids , the other South American Cichlids. Of course, I have forgotten a large percentage of what I once knew..lol.

I will start the new tank tomorrow , and watch it begin to cycle. I have already gleaned great info from this site, which I do appreciate.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Its like falling off a bike you never really forget how to just get a little rusty at it. Lol

RonP

Reaction score
I will be ready to fill the tank tomorrow. Does it make sense to fill partially with distilled water? Also is 2 days long enough for tap water to stand for ageing?

Galathiel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome. What type of fish were you wanting to keep? I think if your tap is acceptable, I wouldn't bother with fiddling with diluting it with other sources. I would also get a bottle of Prime to keep on hand.

RonP

Reaction score
Welcome. What type of fish were you wanting to keep? I think if your tap is acceptable, I wouldn't bother with fiddling with diluting it with other sources. I would also get a bottle of Prime to keep on hand.
Thanks for the fast reply..I will eventually keep African Cichlids..but for the next few months just a very few starters , maybe 2 or 3 Zebra Danios and in a few weeks some Neons..I plant to run the tank until at least April with these , then move them to a second tank. I will then adjust PH and temp to prepare for Africans...Does this make sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom