New tank setup

1. phil saint Member Member

New setup with my first real plants...hope you like.

Attached Files:

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

great job phil! I adore your angel!

3. Shadowbeam Member Member

I love the gravel on this :) and the plants look really pretty too, looks great!

4. FishStix Member Member

Very nice!

5. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

The tank looks great. I love your angel, very pretty!

6. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Phil. You've done a wonderful job with your tank! :;perfect The tank and fish both are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us!
    Ken

7. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

Great looking tank!!

8. lorabell Well Known Member Member

Looks great!!!!! I love the black and white gravel...very sharp!!!!!

9. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Your tank looks fantastic! I love your angel and tetras, too. What are those big white rocks? They really add a "kick" to your aquascaping.

10. Shadowbeam Member Member

I agree! Those rocks you've added really do give the tank somethng special!

11. phil saint Member Member

The white rocks are white granite, they are really cheap (because they form most of any land mass) and they come in loads of suttle coulors, iv got a green 1 in my wifes tank. i'll post some pics of that when i find some time, thanks for the comments people.

Phil

12. rezcraze Initiate Member

Hi, I am not sure about the gravel though. I doubt if the substrate would add to the growth of live plants. Let us know what kind of substrate u have used and if it helps plant growth without rotting. otherwise looks great. Keep it up.

13. phil saint Member Member

Fern should be attached to wood or rock so that the roots can access nutrients direct from the water, not the "substrate" or gravel, i chose my other plants (with advice from the shop) on that same basis, currently im using nutrafin plant gro (once a week), i cant realy comment on how good it is yet iv only been planted for a week but the plants look alot better than when they went in.