New Tank Setup

BettaNation

So I finally added my betta back into his tank after rescaping it with live plants and sand instead of gravel. The waters cloudy because of the sand but he should be fine. Before his tank was sparse with decorations but now it's a forest. It's funny to see how he truly does investigate the new setting because it leads me to believe he notices a change in his home. He's never seen sand before and the only plants I had before in his tank were 4 marimo moss balls so he's never seen tall plants. He's truly curious and is checking things out unlike other fish that would just swim around. He's checking the plants out and biting them and realizes they are not tasty lol. That's what I love about him, his curoisity. On Saturday for a week I'm going away so I hope the plants will not die because I will not be there to give the supplements but before then I'm dosing the tank today and tomorrow and Saturday before I leave and it's right next to a window that gets some sunglight(only direct for a short period of time and it's a ten gallon) so I hope that's ok cause I'd really hate to have all of them dead . They all are a bit beat up from the journey as I just planted them today but I'm hoping they will be fine as well as my fish, I don't do the vacation feeders and he's a healthy fish and I feed him regularly so I believe a week won't kill him, I'd much rather that than someone mess up. Anyways I would load a video but I don't believe this website allows that .

Bryangar

Awesome! you actually can post a video here. Upload it to youtube then add the link to your post.

RainBetta

I like him a lot! Beautiful colors! What plants do you have?

BettaNation

RainBetta said:
I like him a lot! Beautiful colors! What plants do you have?
I bought a bundle from an aquarium store but not sure what type, I have to check the place again. They are a little yellow from the journey but I'm hoping they will be fine

imba

Since you have sand as substrate, I would suggest getting some root tabs? the plants you have seems like stem plants, which are heavy root feeders

RainBetta

They kind of look like anacharis. BettaNation dI they have roots or do they look the same all the way down?

RainBetta

Typically anacharis is sold in bunches as well. Here's an attempted photo of one of my smaller anacharis pieces

Bryangar

imba said:
Since you have sand as substrate, I would suggest getting some root tabs? the plants you have seems like stem plants, which are heavy root feeders
No they aren’t lol
Stems plants mostly take in nutrients from the water colum. She has bacopa monnerI and anacharis densa.
The anacharis is a floating plant, most likely will die if you keep it buried. The bacopa should be fine, a little melting but its an easy plant.

Gundy1024

bryangar said:
No they aren’t lol
Stems plants mostly take in nutrients from the water colum. She has bacopa monnerI and anacharis densa.
The anacharis is a floating plant, most likely will die if you keep it buried. The bacopa should be fine, a little melting but its an easy plant.
The Anacharis will not die from being rooted. Mine has been rooted since day one and thrives. I have had to trI'm it down twice and give the excess to my LFS. It should do fine Ethier way though.

Bryangar

Gundy1024 said:
The Anacharis will not die from being rooted. Mine has been rooted since day one and thrives. I have had to trI'm it down twice and give the excess to my LFS. It should do fine Ethier way though.
Rooted or buried? It’s just from experience, sticking an anacharis stem into the substrate will mostly likey cause it to die. I do have some anacharis rooting as well, but it’s not buried. I have it floating around and it shoots roots down. I guess others have had better luck

Gundy1024

Buried, all this growth comes from plants that are buried in my substrate.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom