New tank setup honest opinions please

RyanMp3

Reaction score
New tank setup just wanted to se what people think.

nobettasinbowls

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There are no pictures or text except for your first sentence! I would love to see it and give feedback though!

OP
RyanMp3

RyanMp3

Reaction score
IMG_7469.JPG

My wife says it’s to crowded. But I was trying to make hiding spots for smaller fish.

jkkgron2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
RyanMp3 said:
My wife says it’s to crowded. But I was trying to make hiding spots for smaller fish.
It’s not crowded at all! I love it!

TheDitherFish

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It looks really cool and since you asked my honest opinion I personally think it looks a little too fake, to me it looks like all the plants are plastic and I personally don't like that, but you may have a different style, I am NOT trying to make you feel bad. it is definitely not crowded with all the objects, the crowded feel is great cause to me it adds an air of mystery. also, what fish were you planning to put in it? IT REALLY LOOKS AMAZING.

OP
RyanMp3

RyanMp3

Reaction score
FinalFins said:
Just wondering the size of the tank? Just asking because there seems to be a common pleco?
It is a 60 gal tank

TheDitherFish said:
It looks really cool and since you asked my honest opinion I personally think it looks a little too fake, to me it looks like all the plants are plastic and I personally don't like that, but you may have a different style, I am NOT trying to make you feel bad. it is definitely not crowded with all the objects, the crowded feel is great cause to me it adds an air of mystery. also, what fish were you planning to put in it? IT REALLY LOOKS AMAZING.
See I have been able to get May plants to grow in there. They get eaten or they just die.

TheDitherFish said:
Oh and it’s a cichlid tank

jkkgron2 said:
It’s not crowded at all! I love it!
Thank you

TheDitherFish

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
May plants? or do you mean many plants? I am confused by may plants, cichlids that is so cool, what type of cichlids?

OP
RyanMp3

RyanMp3

Reaction score
TheDitherFish said:
Thank you

Dennis57 said:
Looks great. That is a pleco ( looks like a regular bristlenose pleco )and will get pretty big, what size tank is it?
It’s a common pleco and it’s a 60 gal tank

TheDitherFish said:
May plants? or do you mean many plants? I am confused by may plants, cichlids that is so cool, what type of cichlids?
Sorry I meant many plants.
And I have a couple of Convicts, a electric yellow African cichlid. A orange cichlid I think it’s African too. A red jewel and a Jack damsey. Oh and a Oscar

TheDitherFish

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
lucky, I can't have any cichlids cause my 20 high is currently a subtropical and then there is just a betta tank that is 5 gallons

OP
RyanMp3

RyanMp3

Reaction score
Ya the only downside the cichlid tank is they are really picky about new tank mates. They are very territorial and I have unfortunately suffered many casualties when trying to add new fish. But I’m still learning.

StarGirl15

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you have a Massive tank to move the 3 very large fish to? The Dempsey, Jewel and Oscar get very big, along with the common pleco.

Tank looks great. I do adore real plants now that I have them. Once you switch you can't do fake anymore.

KDS

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What type of cichlids? When I had fake plants with African cichlids, they tore the up.

Wardonianfungus

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Agreed with the fish size complications but I like your tank. I generally like the more natural or themed ornament tanks, but the black substrate makes the colors pop. The bottom does look kind or crowded, maybe you should take some of the ornaments out and add something with more height?

OP
RyanMp3

RyanMp3

Reaction score
It’s a blood red jewel its only about 5 inches at full size. But I do have a 100 gallon tank in my closet. I just haven’t had time or money to get all the equipment to set it up. But yes they will be re homed. I got it after I found out how big the Oscar got.

Wardonianfungus said:
Agreed with the fish size complications but I like your tank. I generally like the more natural or themed ornament tanks, but the black substrate makes the colors pop. The bottom does look kind or crowded, maybe you should take some of the ornaments out and add something with more height?
Thanks,
Ya I have been wanting to try to build up but a lack of extra funds is stopping me at the moment.

OP
RyanMp3

RyanMp3

Reaction score
KDS said:
What type of cichlids? When I had fake plants with African cichlids, they tore the up.
Convicts, a jewel, 2 Africans a Jack Dempsey and a Oscar. They leve the gave plants alone but if I try real plants they eat them all up.

Thank you very much everyone.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Threads merged, please only create one thread per topic

New Threads