New tank set up

Dogs4U

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals I’m new to the group I want to talk about a new fish tank that I just set up a 30 gallon hexagon I have one fish in it at this point it’s a guppy I have a bunch more stuff coming in the mail to decorate it really not quite sure exactly what I’m doing so hopefully I can get some help from you all I had the water tested last week at the store the nitrates I was about a week away from adding new fish to the tank so I guess it’s Nate trading in the tank I don’t know all that means but anyway so if you guys could give me some ideas on what to do would be deeply appreciated my main focus on getting it set up getting fishing it what would you recommend for my to do

Attachments

OP
Dogs4U

Dogs4U

Reaction score
I think it’s been set up for three weeks I had six guppies in it at this point I have one left and it’s still living after three weeks the pet store says that it’s almost completely cycles whatever that all means I’ve never Tested my Fish tank water
The fish that has interested me are neon Tetras,honey Gourami,flaming red Gourami, guppies, ghost shrimp, butterfly Cichlid, black mollies, Pygmy Suckermouth,

Rev

Well Known
Reaction score
Dogs4U said:
I think it’s been set up for three weeks I had six guppies in it at this point I have one left and it’s still living after three weeks the pet store says that it’s almost completely cycles whatever that all means I’ve never Tested my Fish tank water
The fish that has interested me are neon Tetras,honey Gourami,flaming red Gourami, guppies, ghost shrimp, butterfly Cichlid, black mollies, Pygmy Suckermouth,
First step is read up on the Nitrogen Cycle that's important. I'm assuming the guppies that were in there died of ammonia poisoning because the tank isn't cycled. Get a test kit so you can test your water parameters. The apI freshwater master test kit is great and will last you a long time (also it appears to be almost 40% off on chewy right now). Testing your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels will tell us how far along in the cycle you are. Like it was mentioned earlier I wouldn't add any more fish until the tank is fully cycled.

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom