New Tank Need Help

Bryangar

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi there,

I have a 46 bowfront. I originally had a pair of convicts but gave them away along with their fry. The substrate was the african cichlid mix, I think, it’s the white and black sand. It originally came with the tank since I bought it used. I liked the look of it so I kept it. I later found out it was a substrate that it was the african cichlid mix. It raises the Ph to 8.0, I never really noticed since I don’t usually test my Ph considering many fish can adapt to water parameters. Now, I’m think on possibly having a pair or 2 or even a community tank built around the angels, except i’m not sure if the high Ph from the substrate will possibly make the angel uncomfortable? Considering their natural environment is in low Ph/soft water. Would I have to change the substrate to some inert, Ph neutral substrate?

Thanks.

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The angels should be fine. My tap is at 8.2 and I keep mainly South American and Asian Species which like lower pH conditions.

Bryangar

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
75g Discus Tank said:
The angels should be fine. My tap is at 8.2 and I keep mainly South American and Asian Species which like lower pH conditions.
Ah, okay! So they will be fine, right?
Also, would 2 pairs be fine in the tank? (4 angels) as a species only tank?

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
As long as your PH is stable and doesn't fluctuate, you're totally fine. You should be fine doing 4.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom