New tank how many tetras? 15 Gallon Tank

1. Fitzy The Fish Initiate Member

Hi im new to fishlore so i just want to see how smart you guys really are when it comes to fish. Ok i recently bought a 15 gallon (60L) tank and it has a decent amount of plants in it but we still need to get the water tested. So im just wondering how many tetras i can get when i get four different types ?? like serpae,neon,glowlight and blackskirt.
    :;thx

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore!
    Since tetras are schooling fish the bigger the school the better. They can also be a bit nippy and the bigger the school the less nippy with other fish.
    That said I personally would cut down to two or three types and get AT LEAST four or five of each.
    Another thing that needs to be considered is the adult size of the tetras you choose. some of them can get quite large. My Blackskirts are two inches . Good Luck and keep us posted :)
    Carol

3. Fitzy The Fish Initiate Member

will do will do

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fish Lore Fitzy The Fish. I see by reading your aquarium information that you are not aware of the Nitrogen Cycle which is crucial to fish keeping. Here is link that explains it all. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask:The Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle
    Ken

5. Fitzy The Fish Initiate Member

Thanks very much that helped a lot

++ to everyone who has already helped me in the last 5 minutes thankyou for being so kind !!

6. Jake the Fish Member Member

Fitzy, I also think you should get an API Master Test Kit.

:;banaman See you tomorrow.

7. Fitzy The Fish Initiate Member

from super pet care 3000 ??
    :;f:;fb:;fg:;fr

8. Jake the Fish Member Member

Yes, that is where I got mine. By the way it is $50.

Also it's Super Pet Care 2000