New Tank For Synodontis Eupterus

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by Idnar, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Idnar

Idnar New Member Member

Okay, I have a few questions and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I was sold something that I was told was a Cory cat and ended up being a Synodontis sp hybrid 3 involving S. eupterus which will get way too big for the 10 gallon I have now.
    Current Tank:
    upload_2018-4-14_10-41-56-png.png
    My "new" fish (he is still really small):
    upload_2018-4-14_10-47-50-png.png
    But, I fell in love with these cute little fish and just bought a larger tank which is 40 gallons.
    New Tank:
    upload_2018-4-14_10-35-28-png.png
    I want to know if anyone has experience with this fish or similar fish (Featherfin Squeaker Catfish) If so, would this fish do well in a planted aquarium? Also, I know that this fish does well with most fish including Cichlids, would anyone have a suggestion on what to put in the tank with it? Any advice that you wish you would have had while your tank was still empty? If you have a planted aquarium is there a substrate you wish you would have used?

2. Demeter

Demeter Fishlore VIP Member

Rather than a feather fin, you may have a lace catfish. Mine is about 6in right now and still growing. He’s with African cichlids and swims around and eats during the day, which is unusual for many catfish species. Unfortunately I added him too small so he was bullied a bit. His dorsal fin is mostly gone but healed fine, he doesnt get bullied anymore and i’ve seen him charge other fish.

I’d put him with American cichlids like angels or other medium sized relatively peaceful species. Provide plenty of caves for it to hide in. So far my lace cat doesnt dig so plants should be safe. Small fish species may get eaten so stick with larger species of schooling fish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice