New tank cycle?

Wrona0306

Hi everyone
9 days ago i set up 180l tank i had low ph 6 and 0kh. Yesterday i add crush coral shell skeletons and ph is 6.4 and kh 1 and i think will go up little more in couple of days so this is good. Before i add crush coral shell skeletons water parameters was amonia 0.5 Nitrite 0 Nitrates 5 and 2day i had Amonnia 0 Nitrites 0 Nitrates 5 and ph6.4 kh1 gh4. I use 2 filters in this tank: 1st filter is new with new media and i add 7months old filter full cycled to seed new filter and new set up. I just wonder if i will havtu cycled this tank or my order filter cycled this tank already. Some advice boys please

86 ssinit

Well you need to feed the old cycled filter or the bacteria will die. You can add ammonia or since you have other tanks just add some dirty water from one of those to feed the bacteria.
Have you tested your tap water? What is it’s ph and kh?

Upvote 0

Wrona0306

Yes i was tested tap water
Amonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
Ph 7
Kh 1
Gh 3
Old filter run already 4 days in new tank and i didn't feed this tank with anythink , just swap filter from tank to tank and this is it. In this filter still was some water from my old tank.

Upvote 0

mattgirl

Yes i was tested tap water
Amonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
Ph 7
Kh 1
Gh 3
Old filter run already 4 days in new tank and i didn't feed this tank with anythink , just swap filter from tank to tank and this is it. In this filter still was some water from my old tank.
You need to either go ahead and add fish to this tank or add another source of ammonia. Moving the 7 month old filter will have the necessary bacteria but it needs food to stay strong. The amount of bacteria in the seeded filter is going to depend on the bio-load in the tank the filter was running on.

There will be enough bacteria on it to handle the bio-load in the tank you took the filter from. If you match that bio-load in the new tank it will be pretty much instantly cycled. It will still take time to get firmly established but there should be enough bacteria to start stocking this tank now.

Upvote 0

Wrona0306

This is what i was thinking about. 2morrow will do 50% water change and wee cleaning and on thursday will buy about 6 zebra snail, 10 amano and 2 ottos hust for 1st week and next week will buy some nice cardinals. What do you think mate

Upvote 0

86 ssinit

Ok something is up with your ph. Bring it drops from 7 to 6-4. The crushed coral is a good move. But retest your tap tank let it sit for24hrs and test again and see if the ph dropped. If it didn’t it’s something in your tank that’s dropping the ph.
Ottos need a established tank that’s been running for at least 6months as may the shrimp. They need a build up f algae and bio-film to survive.

Upvote 0

Wrona0306

Problem with ph is in my tap water becouse is very low Kh between 0.5-1 this is rison why my tank water have Kh 0 and this rison why Ph droping down. Crush coral shut lift up my Kh at list to 3 ( i hope) already my ph rise up from 6 to 6.4 and Kh 0 to 1 after 24h . Will check water 2morrow and i hope kh will rise more. Yes you have right ottos are very sensitive and i will hold on with them till not get established tank.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
FishDin
Replies
Views
Wrona0306
Replies
Views
guppiesandpuppies