New tank coming wednesday july 15th 55 Gallon Tank

1. slayer980 Member Member

I have a new 55gal tank im aquiring from a friend at work. He says the seal in one of the bottom lower corners leaks. So im gonna be stripping the old sealant off to reseal. I was wondering if anyone knows of a really good product to use to redo the seal. Plus looking for some good ideas for plants. I already have a 20gal planted that I tried to keep looking as if a natural environment all green browns and tans. Now im looking to add some color to the new tank. Well not really add im in the planning stage now. Some of my fish from the 20 are going to the 55 once I can get it setup and cycled. Basically im gonna only keep my brilliant rasboras bronze and gold cories in it with some otos and shrimp then add harlequins to it. Maybe leave my dg in to. But my rams, rubberlipped pleco, and julii cory are gonna move so I can get more juliis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

3. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Ken has provided you with some great links, as far as sealant, I would recommend the Marineland aquarium silicone. It's a little pricier than the GE pure silicone that others have used.

4. slayer980 Member Member

Oh I will keep posting about it. Its tank number 2

5. slayer980 Member Member

So the project is postponed till the 23rd. I need to get some 2×4s and some ply wood. Im gonna turn my 35 yr old oak dresser into the stand for the 55 gal. And cant get the tank til then. Alrdywent and got near everything I will need to set it up