New tank arrival

1. slayer980 Member Member

So here she is. The new addition and start of MTS. This is the tank as I received it. Not the best shot. Was taken by my buddy. And I didnt bother to take one before I began. But I rinsed it with the garden hose and got near everything rinsed out. Now letting it soak over night to soften the remaining build I p hopefully before I scrub it. Will post pics of the after

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

That seems like alot of work. You should just give it to me to deal with... ;-)

3. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Keep us updated

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. slayer980 Member Member

Im enjoying the work. It will be worth it.

5. slayer980 Member Member

Tank is scubbed down inside. Didnt do outside yet. Now full of water leak testing to see where the leak is coming from.

Attached Files:

6. slayer980 Member Member

Found out where its leaking. Cut out old silicone inside of tank. Was scraping the residue when the razor broke and got my finger. Now gotta wait to finish for a day or 2

7. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Hope you're okay. Using razors are pretty dangerous

8. Delaneyw Well Known Member Member

Yikes :(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

9. Phishphin Well Known Member Member

Sorry about your finger!

The best part about this tank will be the time you are putting into it. It may take you months to get everything just right (lights, choice of substrate, filter, stock, etc.), but it will be extremely rewarding when everything is as it should be! Gratz!

10. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Yes. All the time and patience with the planning will be worth it!

11. slayer980 Member Member

I have been planning for weeks now. I have the filter and heater along with a temp guage alrdy. Will post which ones when I get home. Need pvc pipe to run the filter as I want it. Its just an hob filter. Dont have the funds for a canister filter