new suggestion

1. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

how about a section dedicated to buying and swapping things from people so instead of throwing thiings we dont use anymore we can trade or sell them

i know i would use it because right now i am giving a lot of things to my friend to help him start out but after that i dont know what i will do

anybody else use it?

2. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

That sounds like a good idea. We'd need to establish rules/guidelines and such, like good ways to pay for items (paypal, etc).

Can I get everyone's thoughts/opinions on this??? Any tips on setting something like this up?

Thanks,
    Mike

3. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

I think it may be very helpful for people wishing to buy plants, as alot of people on this forum have plants that none of us can find at our own LFS's :) I think it is a wonderful idea!! :)

4. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

or maybe people that upgraded a tank and can sell them to people(hint hint ;) ) or selling livestock...
    Sounds like a good idea!

5. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

ok well it would have to run by the trust system but the way i see it almost 100% of the people here are true fish keepers and would use it but it would probably have to go by something like this

(topic) filter for sale

whisper 10i filter for sale in good condition shipped to only the U.S. interested in buying or swapping PM me to work something out

6. whatsafish7 Member Member

i think it is a great i dea and we definately should start to use it or at least try to get it up good thinking

7. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

yup as long as whatsafish7 can arrange money if i need it i can start sending out my hornwort as soon as i get enought as i found out a way to get them to reproduce

whatsafish7 can i call you by your first name

8. Jon Well Known Member Member

How would we send money? Just the trust system or money orders or paypal?

I trust everyone here that posts regularly and as long as nobody is a deuche that tries to just scam people out of their money it will be fine. Id like to buy/sell stuff but maybe not everyone would agree its a good idea.

9. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

any of them it would be up to the two people doing the deal and the people who didnt like it just doesnt do it unless they see something that is wrong and if somebody does pleae bring it to our attention now

10. Marc Well Known Member Member

Sounds like a great idea! Payment should be determined by the two traders - PayPal is usually the best, though.

11. whatsafish7 Member Member

you can call me by my first name just not my lastand yes i will let you use my paypa; account

12. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

so whats gooing to happen about this

13. Jon Well Known Member Member

mike will prolly look into it and work on making it happen... gotta see if more people will use it mebbe make a poll to ask people if they would use it

14. whatsafish7 Member Member

i guesss i canmake a poll

15. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

ok thanks greg got to go th jazz band soon

16. whatsafish7 Member Member

ok god luck i guess

17. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

so whats the update on this Mike

18. whatsafish7 Member Member

ya i want to know