New Subscribed Thread Notifications

Bithimala

Fishlore VIP
So, I just read through all of Anders thread . I have no idea what was done to fix it, but could someone do the same for me or let me know what to do? I have gone through the first few pages of my subscribed threads and there's nothing unread that I can see. I have a notification that I have 2 New Subscribed Threads but there's nothing new.

Thanks in advance for any help.

el337

Fishlore Legend
I don't know if this was resolved for you yet but the same thing just happened to me but I figured out how to correct it myself.

I think the issue occurs when one of the threads you were subscribed to were merged. If you go to "My Settings", you'll see the unread subscribed thread at the top of that page. Once you click on the latest post and then refresh, the notification should disappear.

Hope that resolves it for you and for anyone else that encounters the issue.

OP
Bithimala

Bithimala

Fishlore VIP
Nope, but thanks for the suggestion. I have clicked on last post for all of them, it clearly states "There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period." but I have a notification for two with new posts at the top of the page.

el337

Fishlore Legend
Huh. Ok, must be a different issue then. Sorry and hope it gets resolved for you soon.

OP
Bithimala

Bithimala

Fishlore VIP
Well, um, ryanr if you did something, thank you! It's fixed now

ryanr

HI everyone,
I actually don't know what causes this behaviour. It seems to be some sort of glitch somewhere. Might even be a cookies thing, I haven't done enough investigation into it.

Glaad it seems to resolve itself over time though

OP
Bithimala

Bithimala

Fishlore VIP
ryanr said:
HI everyone,
I actually don't know what causes this behaviour. It seems to be some sort of glitch somewhere. Might even be a cookies thing, I haven't done enough investigation into it.

Glaad it seems to resolve itself over time though
I did restart the computer... I can't find setting in Edge to tell me if that clears cookies/cache, but that may have been it...

ryanr

Bithimala said:
I did restart the computer... I can't find setting in Edge to tell me if that clears cookies/cache, but that may have been it...
Hmmm, Edge.... We have a few problems with Edge in my workplace, often having to set compatibility mode down to IE10; however, in my workplace, we have bespoke (custom) written java applications.

New Threads