New Store!!!

Discussion in 'Our Other Interests' started by JLeeM, Aug 5, 2017.

1. JLeeM

JLeeM Well Known Member Member

Hello.

I just discovered a new privately owned pet store online!!!! They're only 25 minutes away, and have good reviews it seems on their fish. Hopefully I can check them out soon. Looks like they have odd hours though. Only open 1PM to 5PM Mondays.

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Sounds like it'll be a family run business with those opening hours.
    Hope it turns out to be a great little independent, I love those kinds of Ifs :)

3. OP
    OP
    JLeeM

Apparently Tues.-Sat. hours are 10AM-6PM. Makes it easier to get to! Lol.

4. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

Doesn't surprise me a store on Monday is open for a few hours. It's probably their maintenance day or something like that.

5. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Those hours sound a lot better, most of the small independents in my area are closed on Mondays but open Sundays.

6. grantm91

grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

Why is that with aquariums my local one for my RO water is shut Sunday and Monday, shutting Sunday must be so detrimental to them, but i found a new one. de99a2c2bc60b62502dd0aac1e5c0c60.jpg thats good opening times. Glad i found this place and its only an extra 3 min drive.

7. OP
    OP
    JLeeM

My girlfriend agreed to go check out this new store with me after work today!!!! She actually WANTS to go look at fish with me. Said it's something besides PetSmart and PetCo. Can't wait. Lol. Hope they're as good as they sound.

8. OP
    OP
    JLeeM

Wow.......

Talk about a disappointment. There were very few fish, almost all looked sick. Even fewer labels. Algae and dried water deposits EVERYWHERE. The tank with the most fish was a small kribensis tank with like 50 of them in it. Oh, and there was a veiltail betta in a tank labeled as a twintail....priced at $20. Needless to say I will not go back. It looked like where fish go to die.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice